Andrew Shanchenko
Ukraine
Krasnoarmeisk
Donetskaya oblast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats how i'm played him:
1-st character turn. Encountered Dr. Habe. Examined location deck-founded rats-defeated rats-shuffle Dr Habe vack in the deck (3 cards+Habe).
2-nd character turn. Encountered Dr. Habe again! Examined remaining cards in the deck - ally, item, bless - no banes - shuffled - Dr. Habe is defeated, right? I banished card from my hand, as required and closed the location.

Now look on Dr. Habe card: "If defeated, you may immediately attempt to close this location (already done), you may then examine the top 3 cards of a location deck"

So question is: Why anybody want to examine cards from ALREADY closed location and am 1 restricted to watch on cards when closing other locations in other circumstances?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andryccio wrote:
Thats how i'm played him:
1-st character turn. Encountered Dr. Habe. Examined location deck-founded rats-defeated rats-shuffle Dr Habe vack in the deck (3 cards+Habe).
2-nd character turn. Encountered Dr. Habe again! Examined remaining cards in the deck - ally, item, bless - no banes - shuffled - Dr. Habe is defeated, right? I banished card from my hand, as required and closed the location.

Now look on Dr. Habe card: "If defeated, you may immediately attempt to close this location (already done), you may then examine the top 3 cards of a location deck"

So question is: Why anybody want to examine cards from ALREADY closed location and am 1 restricted to watch on cards when closing other locations in other circumstances?

(Apologies if this is presumptuous, but by your flag I'm thinking English is not your first language.)

In English "a" is an indefinite article. In this context this means "any location deck". So while you could examine a closed location with cards (ones that leave boons behind come to mind) you can look at any open location you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shanchenko
Ukraine
Krasnoarmeisk
Donetskaya oblast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! Many thanks! Of course, now i see - "a" location and "the" location - big difference - how i could forget? lol ))

You absolutely right, no apologies needed - i'm from Ukraine and i bet you can notice that not only by flag but because of my poor English as well! Thank you for your courtesy (and for explanation of course!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.