Subject: Truce card and Fled Native Americans & Hessians rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I'm really enjoying my first plays of this game, but I just had 2 questions to make sure I'm playing right.

1) If you are dealt 2 events and a Truce card at the beginning of the game, you must play your Truce card on your first turn since it is your only movement card.

2) The only way to get fled Native Americans and Hessians back into the game is by using an event card. Otherwise they just remain in the Fled Units area turn after turn.

Do I have those two rules right?
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's right. Happy gaming!

Note that your truce card can't take effect until the third round anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the very quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that this prevents you from having complete control over the timing of playing your two Truce cards. It's possible that you will be forced to play both of the Truce cards on your side before you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right.

I'll add one that you didn't ask but everyone is confused by: you are allowed to Command Decision into neutral native troops, in addition to allied troops or unoccupied territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Brosius wrote:
Note that this prevents you from having complete control over the timing of playing your two Truce cards. It's possible that you will be forced to play both of the Truce cards on your side before you want.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I often feel compelled to play an event card or two before I really want to as a strategy to avoid being forced to play a truce card before I am ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFlanagan wrote:
I often feel compelled to play an event card or two before I really want to as a strategy to avoid being forced to play a truce card before I am ready.

Yes. It seems you really want to be cycling your event cards. This might occasionally result in sub-optimal use of them, but generally I don't see many critical reasons to hang on to them for too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Except you don't really "cycle" the events. They're just gone for good once you use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
Except you don't really "cycle" the events. They're just gone for good once you use them.

I think he means cycle/burn through the deck so you get your truce cards available as quickly as possible, and can thus control when the game ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.