Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Online Mulitplayer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone else think this would make a fantastic online multiplayer game?

I love the game, but it takes a lot of setup time, and is very harsh, so getting people to replay in the same session must be difficult.

Playing online would eliminate most of the set up, and players could leave and drop in at will.

I don't know about the rest of you, but a tough co-op challenges me to replay until I beat it. It would be nothing for me to play the same scenario several times in a session, until I beat it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Try it online! There was a Vassal module released recently.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Heim
United States
Winona
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
Avatar
mb


The wonderful fella above has put together a VASSAL module. He's done a wonderful job on it!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Richter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found that using a box from Hobby Lobby with things sorted out GREATLY reduces both the setup and breakdown times.

I know that has nothing to do with online, but it might address your issue anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richtermarc wrote:
I have found that using a box from Hobby Lobby with things sorted out GREATLY reduces both the setup and breakdown times.

I know that has nothing to do with online, but it might address your issue anyway.


I use a bunch of ziplock bags to separate components. That helps with initial setup, but not the reset before a replay in the same session.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Richter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogMcK wrote:
richtermarc wrote:
I have found that using a box from Hobby Lobby with things sorted out GREATLY reduces both the setup and breakdown times.

I know that has nothing to do with online, but it might address your issue anyway.


I use a bunch of ziplock bags to separate components. That helps with initial setup, but not the reset before a replay in the same session.


Fair enough.

I use the box much like a tackle box, so I'm taking things and removing things from it during the game. But I could see how a reset could take some time.

I weigh everything by the World of Warcraft boardgame's setup/breakdown...which is The Worst Ever.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richtermarc wrote:

Fair enough.

I use the box much like a tackle box, so I'm taking things and removing things from it during the game. But I could see how a reset could take some time.

I weigh everything by the World of Warcraft boardgame's setup/breakdown...which is The Worst Ever.


LOL. Yep. I have that one, too. I have worse, though, as I used to be a hex and counter war gamer, and some of those took a LONG time to set up.

I definitely think that reset time should be a factor in the rating of co-ops.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.