Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Bear
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at what I just got in the mail! I'm so excited to run it for my kids. Wanted to do it tonight, then I opened it up and found that the minis needed putting together. I didn't realize that and will need to get some superglue and get to work on it tonight!

Anyone have any recommendations or tips that I need to keep in mind with the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foxx Block
msg tools
Check out the Files section here on BGG, DarkMagi put together a GREAT rules compilation that has the rules + 1.3 errata + 1.5 errata and a simple easy-to-follow flow guide. If you need it in ODT lemme know and I'll reupload mine (it didn't take for some reason).

But other than that, have fun! It's a GREAT game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Bear
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Foxx. What kind of superglue would you recommend? I was thinking of going with GorillaGlue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Superglue accellerator!!!

If parts do not line up, or are shaped wrong use the hot/cold water trick.
Put a cup of water in the microwave for 3 minutes, dip the misshaped part in the hot water until it becomes bendy. Position the part as it should be and then dip it into cold water. Wa-la it's fixed.

I personally did not have to use hot/cold water with my set (everything went right together as it should) but have heard stories.

The CA accellerator was awesome though. SDE was my first experience with superglue accellerator and i will keep a bottle in the house from now on.
Instant CA (cyanoacrylate) glue cure. I have seen it for sale at hobby lobby. Before finding this product, every time I used superglue I would end up gluing myself to myself.

I enjoyed building the models, and hope you do too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazybear wrote:
Thanks Foxx. What kind of superglue would you recommend? I was thinking of going with GorillaGlue.

Look for cyanoacrylate as an ingredient in your superglue.
When I am not using accelerator I use loctite super glue gel control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, use the rules files on the Geek. The rules that ship with this game is 90% of the reason more people don't know about and enjoy this game.

In addition, playing the Heroes is tough. They may wipe due to poor rolling, but more often, Heroes wipe because they're just not playing very smart. Seriously, this game is brutal. The best tip you can give the heroes is to keep moving and try to kill a spawn point each and every turn if it is at all possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Munting
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Watch it played!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL092C9EA6DAE4A1E7

This is the video playlist that got me hooked on buying and playing the game.
The rules are explained very well, and Rodney's kids look like they really enjoy it aswell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Bear
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the tips! I went ahead and used some Gorilla Glue Gel and it has been working great. Here are some pictures of the minis I have put together so far. All heroes are done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.