Star Trek: Attack Wing – U.S.S. Voyager Expansion Pack» Forums » General

Subject: Endgame: Thick package! Er... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ilan Muskat
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up my copy of Voyager (as well as the Borg Sphere) today. And, well, I'm impressed.

Voyager comes with an extraordinary scenario, as previewed: "Endgame". This solo scenario essentially replays the final battle of the series, Voyager's escape from the Delta quadrant past a terrifying Borg fleet.

Particularly impressive about this scenario, however, is that it includes tokens for 3 Borg cubes, and 1 Borg sphere. These tokens are more or less to scale -- the Sphere token is the same size as the Sphere miniature from that package.

This means that the quantity of cardboard in the package is far in excess of any Attack Wing release since the core box.

So, just be prepared when you pick up the Voyager set. It's got almost 2 dozen cards, and more tokens than some FFG Silver Line board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wave 4 doesn't release until the 16th...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Wave 4 doesn't release until the 16th...

Some stores have apparently received them and started selling them all ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilan Muskat
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was surprised to see it there. Makes sense that it was a broken ship date.

Still, the wave was initially due out beginning of April. Kind of a tough spot for retailers, so I can understand their eagerness to get it onto shelves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
calculon wrote:
Still, the wave was initially due out beginning of April. Kind of a tough spot for retailers, so I can understand their eagerness to get it onto shelves.

Nah, its been April 16 all along according to the solicit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilan Muskat
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking back, you're right. It was wave 3 that got delayed.

So, yay. Looks like my store got it early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bazzano
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
calculon wrote:
Picked up my copy of Voyager (as well as the Borg Sphere) today. And, well, I'm impressed.

Voyager comes with an extraordinary scenario, as previewed: "Endgame". This solo scenario essentially replays the final battle of the series, Voyager's escape from the Delta quadrant past a terrifying Borg fleet.

Particularly impressive about this scenario, however, is that it includes tokens for 3 Borg cubes, and 1 Borg sphere. These tokens are more or less to scale -- the Sphere token is the same size as the Sphere miniature from that package.

This means that the quantity of cardboard in the package is far in excess of any Attack Wing release since the core box.

So, just be prepared when you pick up the Voyager set. It's got almost 2 dozen cards, and more tokens than some FFG Silver Line board games.

Does the scenario end like the episode, with Voyager just automatically winning by suddenly emerging from a Borg ship, and then not explain how it happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.