Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Lancaster» Forums » Rules

Subject: When are initial laws resolved? Also, setup 2 player game like 4 players??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Mauro
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Understanding that laws are resolved when they are voted in, when do you resolve the 3 laws that you place right in setup?

Also, the 2 player rules say to set up a 4 player game, but there are rules laid out in setup for 2 players already...I'm not sure what is meant by this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
You do not vote for the three laws placed during setup. You vote for the three new laws that might replace them or some of them after round one. You run out of laws after round four so you have the same laws in rounds four and five.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
You run out of laws after round four so you have the same laws in rounds four and five.

This is incorrect. There are 18 law cards. Three are already set up at the beginning, the others may come into play with 3 laws per round for 5 rounds of play. (They only have numbers from 1 to 4 on the back, but for some numbers there are more than 3 laws available to prevent a static order of laws.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pinoeppel wrote:
Tigrillo wrote:
You run out of laws after round four so you have the same laws in rounds four and five.

This is incorrect. There are 18 law cards. Three are already set up at the beginning, the others may come into play with 3 laws per round for 5 rounds of play. (They only have numbers from 1 to 4 on the back, but for some numbers there are more than 3 laws available to prevent a static order of laws.)

This. Also, to keep it simple, initial voting and all voting thereafter takes place in the parliament phase of every round. Just follow specific phase order and you'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greame Johnston
United Kingdom
East Grinstead
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it (after two plays) you only resolve the '0' laws if they are still in play (i.e not removed) after the first parliament phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greamejohnston wrote:
As I understand it (after two plays) you only resolve the '0' laws if they are still in play (i.e not removed) after the first parliament phase.

Exactly. Whichever laws are voted for in the first parliament phase, either 0 or 1, are the ones that will be resolved concluding that parliament phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.