Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Red Mage
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Centennial War campaign mode, each player begins with 3 fighters and 1 NPC striker. The players may then hire strikers which then upgrade into fighters from a list. However, the list only contains the playable fighters.

There are dozens of NPC strikers available in the strikers expansion, are they unable to be used other than the strikers that begin for each nation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can hire the freelancers, they don't start for a specific faction but can be upgraded to a fighter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Springer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I double checked the rules, and didn't come away with a specific ruling on this issue. Brad prefers players house-rule ambiguities such as these, at least until they get addressed properly by him or another insider (read: devoted playtesters). I would say that NPC strikers are legal buys at the standard 40 gold rate, with the obvious downside of not being upgradeable to an 'agent.'

I can't think of a good reason why NPC strikers should be inaccessible as purchases. Not being upgradeable is a significant handicap, however, and you'd probably be best reserving those purchases for after you've maxed out your six agent slots (unless there's some combo shenanigans you want to get rolling).

Sorry I don't have a more concrete answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing I saw was that Tatsumi and Yuto were recruitable for 2 different factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Mage
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lesandra is another who is available for 2 factions.

But thanks everyone, just assume they're all freelancers unless obvious which nation they're in? Burman would totally be Amalao / Releccour (for Argent) for example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.