Popular Tags: [View All]
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think I've gotten that rule right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me neither!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Ocean
msg tools
It may be hard to read and understand the part circled in red, but it just replicates different situations when base runners are on. Easier to understand if you watch baseball often and see how teams handle double plays.

One thing I'd have a problem with is the third bullet point. If bases are loaded with no outs, typically the defense would try and get the first out at home plate to prevent a run and then throw to either third or first, depending on how close the runners are to the advancing base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Abramson
United States
Edmonds
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure there are stats somewhere, as baseball is all about stats, but I believe generally the defense will turn a typical double play when there is a runner on 3rd and no outs. I listen to a lot of games on the radio and cannot claim I've ever heard a specific statistic here, but it appears the two outs are more important in most cases. Clearly there are exceptions, i.e., tie late in the game...

The second bullet is puzzling to me, it is just as rare that a defense does this, almost always lets the runner advance to third.

I played this game for the first time last week and you can totally see how a double play (or many other plays) are situational and thus you need house rules. The simplest thing is to be consistent (i.e., fly ball always advances runner on 3rd base).

But I loved the game, simple baseball fun in 10 minutes!

crum6178 wrote:
It may be hard to read and understand the part circled in red, but it just replicates different situations when base runners are on. Easier to understand if you watch baseball often and see how teams handle double plays.

One thing I'd have a problem with is the third bullet point. If bases are loaded with no outs, typically the defense would try and get the first out at home plate to prevent a run and then throw to either third or first, depending on how close the runners are to the advancing base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Barrett
United Kingdom
Hessle
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got my copy of this game today! Untinning it tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StinkyHarry wrote:

Where did you get it? I still haven't found a copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Barrett
United Kingdom
Hessle
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cauldronofevil wrote:
StinkyHarry wrote:

Where did you get it? I still haven't found a copy!

I ordered it from Maddison Games (Board Game City), here in the UK.

http://www.boardgamecity.com/search.php?q=baseball&Submit=se...

They had one copy left - good price, too: £9.50. I think it was the last in stock, since I originally ordered 2 but they could only fill the order for 1. The link above shows they've got one in stock, though. I must say, it's a nicely produced little game. I was a little late coming to it, but it seems I was pretty lucky to find a copy left over; probably because Baseball isn't that big over here (yet!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.