Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small» Forums » General

Subject: PC version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a PC version of ACBAS. Should I specifically ask the designer/publisher before submitting it here on BGG?

I'm asking this mainly because there was some confusion few years back with my Red November implementation. (Approved, removed, approved again)

(Note: The game uses original art available in game rules pdf.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dill wrote:
I made a PC version of ACBAS. Should I specifically ask the designer/publisher before submitting it here on BGG?

It's the publishers you have to ask. Lookout has granted permissions before (there are a few implementations of Agricola out there)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for suggestion. I have written to Lookout about permissions. Waiting patiently...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to let others know: Lookout have kindly replied, that they cannot currently grant any permissions regarding free PC version, since the game is licensed to other publishers, whose profits may be hurt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hornless Unicorn
msg tools
And another 100GG on this
badge
I just spent 100GG on this
mbmbmbmbmb
That's so unfortunate

Lookout Games never seem to let anyone make pc versions of their boardgames, which is a shame.

The 'other' release will probably iOS only..yuk

How far were you in development, did you make an AI for it, or just implement the mechanics?

You could not use the A:ACBaS artwork, change the name and release it like that. LG cannot copyright the mechanics, just the artwork. And if you re-theme it, there will be no TM infingments either
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.