James Rapoza
msg tools
I'm cleaning up the house and am looking for a good home for my old set of classic wargames. I could probably sell some on eBay or the bazaar but would rather just give them to someone (or a gaming group/club) who will make good use of them.
Preference to anyone willing to take the whole set.

Here's the list:

Squad Leader
Wooden Ships and Iron Men
Caesar at Alesia
Armada
Elric: Battle at the End of Time
Lords of Creation
Star Fleet Battles
Trireme
Speed Circuit
Circus Maximus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
Incredibly generous!

You know, Portland was almost named Boston...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
jimrapp wrote:
I'm cleaning up the house and am looking for a good home for my old set of classic wargames. I could probably sell some on eBay or the bazaar but would rather just give them to someone (or a gaming group/club) who will make good use of them.

Here's the list:

Squad Leader
Caesar at Alesia
Armada
Lords of Creation
Star Fleet Battles
Trireme
Speed Circuit
Circus Maximus

A generous offer indeed. Jim, I sent you a GM about my interest in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Cobalt
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:
jimrapp wrote:

Here's the list:

Squad Leader
Caesar at Alesia
Armada
Lords of Creation
Star Fleet Battles
Trireme
Speed Circuit
Circus Maximus

Me too. I am very interested in trying out a few of the games as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rocksnrolls wrote:
Mizerak wrote:
jimrapp wrote:

Here's the list:

Squad Leader
Caesar at Alesia
Armada
Lords of Creation
Star Fleet Battles
Trireme
Speed Circuit
Circus Maximus

Me too. I am very interested in trying out a few of the games as well.
You beat me to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, if only I saw this yesterday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard from the OP since his post? He never answered my GeekMail at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:
Has anyone heard from the OP since his post? He never answered my GeekMail at all.

It's a trap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Cobalt
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:

I did. He said there was someone who contacted him early on wanted all the games for his gaming group. Jonathan, had you wanted them all or just a few? I had asked for a few and at this point assume he just wants to be able to give them all to one person to make it simpler to deal with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rocksnrolls wrote:
Mizerak wrote:

I did. He said there was someone who contacted him early on wanted all the games for his gaming group. Jonathan, had you wanted them all or just a few? I had asked for a few and at this point assume he just wants to be able to give them all to one person to make it simpler to deal with.

I did want all of them, actually. I am a little ticked that I was the first to respond, and never got anything back, even to say that he found someone to take them.

-- Jonathan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Cobalt
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I suppose someone might have pm'd him before you, without posting into the thread. But it is pretty odd he sent me a message but not you. Have you tried mailing him again? He did say he has been very busy at work. I wonder if you are the person he mentioned as wanting all the games and he just hasn't gotten around to getting back in touch with you? It could be that he has just been too busy with other stuff and this is a low priority thing for him to deal with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rocksnrolls wrote:
Well, I suppose someone might have pm'd him before you, without posting into the thread. But it is pretty odd he sent me a message but not you. Have you tried mailing him again? He did say he has been very busy at work. I wonder if you are the person he mentioned as wanting all the games and he just hasn't gotten around to getting back in touch with you? It could be that he has just been too busy with other stuff and this is a low priority thing for him to deal with.

You make good points...I just sent him another GM to see what is up. I am going to be in the area again this weekend, if he still has them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@jimrapp Welcome to the best board game site on the internet!

Hope you get the games to whomever contacted you first (whether on this list or geekmail) with a minimum of effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.