Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I actually own two core sets and the first cycle (including the first deluxe expansion). I want to build some of the publicly available decks.

Because I don't own all available cards and/or have not 3 copies of every card, it would be really helpful if one of the available deck builders would tell me about which packs I need in which quantity.

Neither NetrunnerDB nor CardGameDB seems to fulfill what I want so it would be nice if someone would lead me to such a site...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Explosive 6
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Netrunner DB tells you up to which pack you need though currently doesn't appear to do exactly what you are after.

However alsciende who makes it is very good at responding to feature requests if you ask, he also posts on here so may see this thread anyway.

Fwiw, you will only need one of each data pack or deluxe pack to make any deck, it's only cards in the core set that don't all come with three copies. For any single deck you aren't going to need multiple expansions. I know on Netrunner DB you can filter how many core sets you have when making your own decks but again doesn't appear to show decks this info on public decks (I'd assume they use three but you could also substitute other cards in for the few you are short of).

Depending on which pack you have, if you bought them in chronological order you can search for decks up to x data pack on the decklist search. Obviously less useful if you've got a mix of packs released out of sequence. A series of tick boxes on that search page seems to be what you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there. Speaking about NetrunnerDB:

1) you can search published decklists based upon what is their "max pack", ie what pack is the most recent card in the decklist. For example, the Runner decklists with cards up to Creation & Control, sorted by number of likes : http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklists/find?sort=likes&faction=...=

2) you cannot search decklists based upon the number of core sets needed. But when viewing a decklist, you can use the option "Sort > by Set" and you'll see how many core sets are needed.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many many thanks, Alsciende. Espacially the second hint really helps.

Another question I have for some time...
What are the little icons next to each decklist for?
The heart represents the likes?!
The green icon shows the number of comments?!
And the star represents... what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Explosive 6
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Add to favourites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.