Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Masspequa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Has anyone downloaded the Kentucky Derby course? I was thinking of putting it on a flash drive and bringing it to Staples to put it on quality paper and then laminating it.
Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it hugely uninteresting, but then I guess if you are an American that may help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Courtknight wrote:
Then why bother to stick in your worthless post?
No need to be rude. My post was not worthless at all: you asked for opinions and I gave mine. If you only wanted opinions that agreed with your's (whatever that is) then say so, and I would not waste my time trying to help you.

The Kentucky Derby means nothing over here: whilst I can see the attraction if you know the course and have some 'history' with the race, as a course for this game, it remains uninteresting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DW Kelly
United States
Lawrence
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I downloaded but ended up ordering from Andrew at Print & Play games. It was reasonably priced and of good quality. Have greatly enjoyed the track and typically run the third and deciding race at the Derby. May be no big deal to the Euros, but, after all, it is the biggest horse race in the USA.thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a native Kentuckian, I should point out that the course is actually not for the Kentucky Derby! The Derby is run on an oval track very similar to that included in the base game. The Course Collection III track is for Turfway Park (EDIT: actually, Kentucky Downs ), another track in Kentucky, which is historically much less interesting but has a unique pear-shaped track, hence its choice for inclusion in the game. Most American racetracks are pretty dull in comparison to the more exotic shapes in Europe, but Kentucky Downs is one of the few exceptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Masspequa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
Courtknight wrote:
Then why bother to stick in your worthless post?
No need to be rude. My post was not worthless at all: you asked for opinions and I gave mine. If you only wanted opinions that agreed with your's (whatever that is) then say so, and I would not waste my time trying to help you.

The Kentucky Derby means nothing over here: whilst I can see the attraction if you know the course and have some 'history' with the race, as a course for this game, it remains uninteresting.

My bad, apologies as I took it the wrong way.
Sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.