Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I've done some searching and there seems to be 2 main ways people store this: tuck boxes and some sort of foma core setup. I currently use baggies, with everything split up, so I probably have 10-12 bags of cards. It's very detailed, but also very hard to store. I'm curious what the collective agreement is on the best storage solution.

Comments are welcome, but please try to stay constructive.

Poll
1. How do you store it?
Baggies
Tuck boxes
Foam core storage
Thrown in the box
Plastic box (think hockey puck storage)
Plano-type (if there is one)
Other
2. What do you think is the best way to store it?
Baggies
Tuck boxes
Foam core storage
Thrown in the box
Plastic box (think hockey puck storage)
Plano-type (if there is one)
Other
      72 answers
Poll created by Bruiser419

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
I use foam + tuckboxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best way would have been a Dominion sort of insert. With a slot for every type of card (not a slot for every card, but one for Objectives, one for special locations, one for ambassadors, etc etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I design custom wooden organisers. I plan on making one for this game as soon as I get my copy.

If you would be interested you can follow my progress on my geek list:
Wood/Foam-core Box Organizer Design List

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted "foam core" because this is the closest to my current solution.

I cut out pieces from a cardboard box and used that as dividers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Overton
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
The best way would have been a Dominion sort of insert. With a slot for every type of card (not a slot for every card, but one for Objectives, one for special locations, one for ambassadors, etc etc.)

I completely agree. I love that the expansions add more variety to the base cards, but it's a pain having to sort them each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive made one from foamboard similar to the image below. Just wish I could make some nifty dividers for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I want?
Dominion type storage with numbers next to them so I can roll dice to randomly select what to have in each game. meeple

What I have?
A gazillion baggies that make me crumble each time I try to play the game and I end up using just all the basic locations since they are in a big pile from the start.

The only way at the moment for me to get this game played in the correct fashion is to spend 1 hour before each session and compile the deck in the way I want it. And if my opponents don't agree of the deck setup I guess we won't be playing AtS that session. It really is a mess to keep in order.

(And the rules that are spread out on both the main rulebook, the expansion rulebook and several small cards with individual rules for stretchgoals and promos doesn't help either.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle

Seabrook
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
treebeardtheent wrote:
I design custom wooden organisers. I plan on making one for this game as soon as I get my copy.

If you would be interested you can follow my progress on my geek list:
Wood/Foam-core Box Organizer Design List

Woohoo!

I really like your King of Tokyo insert and will be buying this insert as soon as it is ready.

On a side note, I'm really tempted to pick up your Smash Up insert but now they have announced a bigger box this fall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smash up was done by Greg, the site owner. I have only done the designs for: King of Tokyo, Marvel Lengendary, Suburbia, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, and the Pathfinder Location Stands. I am currently working on Core Worlds, Caverna and if I can get the inside dimensions of the box for Amung The Stars I can do a preliminary design for it as well.

Thanks for the information about the new release. I will contact the company and see if I can get the size of the new box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I don't get it.

For my cards I need three ziplock bags: One for regular locations, one for special locations and one for other cards like reactors, objectives, conflict cards, etc. Another bag for race tiles, one for energy cubes, one for credits, one for tokens and I'm done.

I don't even want to sort the cards. I'm more than happy to keep them shuffled (in their categories) so that I don't have to spend a lot of time selecting and shuffling cards every time I want to play the game.

But different strokes for different folks, I guess
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaermo wrote:
Hmm... I don't get it.

For my cards I need three ziplock bags: One for regular locations, one for special locations and one for other cards like reactors, objectives, conflict cards, etc. Another bag for race tiles, one for energy cubes, one for credits, one for tokens and I'm done.

I don't even want to sort the cards. I'm more than happy to keep them shuffled (in their categories) so that I don't have to spend a lot of time selecting and shuffling cards every time I want to play the game.

But different strokes for different folks, I guess

I think I have 20 baggies.

The base game is split into 3, 4 and special, the Ambasadors is split into 3, 4 and special, the ambassadors themselves have their own bag, each conflict set has a bag, the dual location sets each have their own bag, the little things like sector seal and ambassador shuttle each have their own bag, the 5-6 player expansion has its own bag, the main reactors have their own bag, the normal power reactorshave their own bag.

I had to do this when I first got it to make sure I got everything, and I'll admit, I'm pretty neurotic abotu stuff like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaermo wrote:
For my cards I need three ziplock bags: One for regular locations, one for special locations and one for other cards like reactors, objectives, conflict cards, etc.

That is a valid way to store it but makes for very unbalanced decks, at least if you got the expansion and promos.

Setting up a 2-3 player deck with just drawing randomly from the bags could end up with some color being very dominant or a lot of the cards only turning up once in the whole deck.
If the players don't know what might be expected of the deck it makes a good strategy near impossible.

Should I play these cards?
It might be the only turret in the whole deck.
Maybe the deck is only 10% green and the other 90% are other colors?

And so on. There are a lot of examples of cards like the above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the promos and I have the expansion. But I keep the expansion separate.

So the only cards which are randomly added each game are the special locations and thus your argument is no longer valid because there will always be at least 3-4 Turrets in the deck (depending on player number) and since the base deck doesn't change there's always going to be the same minium amount of cards of every color in the deck.

Just throwing in all the expansion cards without thinking about card distribution would obviously make the game incredibly random. If I want to use the basic location cards from the expansion I'd switch out the entire base deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.