Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope Island makes it for sale quicker than Caves was made available in the U.S. I don't really get this kickstarter anyway. It really favored those players had waited to buy anything over those who had bought everything. The kickstarter had nothing new to purchase for people who had it all. Not a very good idea in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
I hope Island makes it for sale quicker than Caves was made available in the U.S. I don't really get this kickstarter anyway. It really favored those players had waited to buy anything over those who had bought everything. The kickstarter had nothing new to purchase for people who had it all. Not a very good idea in my opinion.

There were backer pledges where you could just get the Island, or the Island and the new Settlements. I think there was even one for the Island, new Settlements and both the Caves and Capitol promos. I almost just backed for one of those but then I decided I wanted the nicer big box to hold everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
rickert wrote:

There were backer pledges where you could just get the Island, or the Island and the new Settlements. I think there was even one for the Island, new Settlements and both the Caves and Capitol promos. I almost just backed for one of those but then I decided I wanted the nicer big box to hold everything.

Wow, was that added late. I swear I looked right after it started and saw nothing about getting the Island. I have the base, 2 expansions and both the Caves and Capitol. So Island was my only need other than the box itself. I would have pledged for the box and Island if that was possible or even just the Island. Never saw it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
Wow, was that added late. I swear I looked right after it started and saw nothing about getting the Island. I have the base, 2 expansions and both the Caves and Capitol. So Island was my only need other than the box itself. I would have pledged for the box and Island if that was possible or even just the Island. Never saw it.

Not sure if it was added later as I didn't see the campaign till pretty late. Yeah, I also have most of the stuff so it made it kind of awkward to back the whole thing. I really wanted the box though, and the promo stuff. A pledge for the empty box like you said would've been a great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect I'll be able to buy my two missing items, Island and Caves, within the next year. Queen isn't great about getting this stuff out but I do believe they want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Payne
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the island tile was there as an option from the beginning and it was the only thing I needed. It was one of the first items on the list and cost $14.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gansen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
A pledge for the empty box like you said would've been a great idea.

No need. Remove the insert and everything fits very nicely in the base box. Once I get the island expansion I'll post pics or a video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.