Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Schiltz
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just curious to see if anyone has some more info on the expansions that are going to be coming out and when/how they are planning to come out?

Any dates of release, or dates where more info will be released?
are all of the expansions going to be in a booster pack?

as of right now, we have been told of....

new characters
new treasures
new mechanic that involves buying things in shoppe and tavern expansion

any other new things like new dice?

Im really curious and excited for what is coming for dungeon roll!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdschiltz wrote:
I was just curious to see if anyone has some more info on the expansions that are going to be coming out and when/how they are planning to come out?

Any dates of release, or dates where more info will be released?
are all of the expansions going to be in a booster pack?

as of right now, we have been told of....

new characters
new treasures
new mechanic that involves buying things in shoppe and tavern expansion

any other new things like new dice?

Im really curious and excited for what is coming for dungeon roll!

An expansion with new characters is in the works right now and artwork is being made. I expect that starting in May/June we will be able to start revealing the characters.

As for the possibility of new dice, mechanics, and all of that... We are considering how to move forward with this.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually hoping there could be an official change to the mechanics to make it feel more like a "press your luck" game. The concept is cool, but it just feels like something is missing to make it more interesting. Rolling once for my turn and hoping that I can continue past a couple of levels just seems to miss something. With the components and artwork being pretty good, adding more interesting choices or a better feel for pressing your luck would be a great enhancement to the game.

I look forward to hearing more about how TMG plans to move forward beyond new characters (though they are interesting).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Cruce
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I had the idea that it would be pretty cool to have treasure and or the ability to backstab opponents, kind of like munchkin, then again that might have to be a separate game all together, idk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave E

Florida
msg tools
mb
IMHO, a treasure expansion could do a lot for this game.

Higher VP treasures in the chest would incentivize trying to push your luck, allow for comebacks.

Slightly less penalty for a failed dive. (Lose 2 random items) or some such, but gain xp of last cleared level would increase decision making. Do I risk that high VP item I have, or can I push, and use an item or two to try to get one to catch up. (basically make it less of a 1 to 1 payoff, which it could still be, but odds are better that you can do something with it)

A few treasures that aren't worth VP that enable player interaction would do a lot for the "multiplayer solo" monicker. (Use on another players turn to add a dungeon die to their current level, use on another players turn to re-roll X dungeon die or party die, Use to randomly gain another player's treasure) things like that, would go a long way in making players want to pay more attention to their friend's turn and promote cool shared stories of what happened during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.