Matt Peterson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this work?

Does the grey defend, and then if damage would be dealt, it is dealt to another alien?

Or is it redirected prior to the grey defending, and the other alien defends?

Does the force field activate if save the master damages another alien?

Does the damage comin in get reduced by the energy shield and then redirected? Or is it redirected first, so the grey's energy shield is still intact?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if I'm playing this right, but for Mission 5 I played it as follows:

- First the grey's energy shield absorbs hits
- If there are hits left over, the grey does a defense roll
- If the roll fails to defend against any damage, it is redirected to another alien (which suffers the damage, so no defense roll)
- If there wasn't an alien to redirect the damage to and the grey takes one or more wounds while also rolling a bolt, then the fore field activates and the agent suffers wounds

I think that's probably all correct based on how attack defense works otherwise, except possibly the force field (since my interpretation is not as cruel towards the agents as the alternative). I'm dreading Agent S coming in here and clarifying that force field triggers even if the damage is redirected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
I don't know if I'm playing this right, but for Mission 5 I played it as follows:

- First the grey's energy shield absorbs hits
- If there are hits left over, the grey does a defense roll
- If the roll fails to defend against any damage, it is redirected to another alien (which suffers the damage, so no defense roll)
- If there wasn't an alien to redirect the damage to and the grey takes one or more wounds while also rolling a bolt, then the fore field activates and the agent suffers wounds

I think that's probably all correct based on how attack defense works otherwise, except possibly the force field (since my interpretation is not as cruel towards the agents as the alternative). I'm dreading Agent S coming in here and clarifying that force field triggers even if the damage is redirected.

Well done Agent Skaak! 0 mistakes... 100% accomplished

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:
Well done Agent Skaak! 0 mistakes... 100% accomplished

Whoo hoo! If only we had merit badges or something. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.