Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all of you that took time to answer questions on my first post about how many characters to play in my first solo game. I decided to start with 2, Kyra and Merisiel. Last night I made it through Brigandoom and I just finished The Poison Pill. I am a total Pathfinder convert, this game is great so far. In The Poison Pill I completely closed 3 of the locations without ever running into Pillbug Podiker. Halfway through the City Gate, Kyra's deck is empty but she does have a full 5 card hand. On Merisiel's turn, I discard a couple of Blessings of Gods cards and defeat Pillbug with 3 cards left in the Blessings deck. Does the adventure end right there since he has nowhere to escape to or do I still have to complete the closing portion of the City Gate?

Is there a limit to the number of cards that you may use to try to beat a check? When it says to banish a card, I assume that means that the card goes back to the box? When it says to bury a card, where does it go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Tan
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Defeating a villain automatically closes a location... whether the villain escapes or not is another story.

The gist of putting a card into a check is "one card type per player per check," within the limits that cards have on their text. The revised rulebook (available on the Paizo website) clarifies this in much greater detail.

To bury a card, set it aside somewhere where you won't accidentally recharge or reshuffle it. Essentially, you get it back in time for the next scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goodshepherd wrote:

The gist of putting a card into a check is "one card type per player per check," within the limits that cards have on their text. The revised rulebook (available on the Paizo website) clarifies this in much greater detail.

So I could discard a Blessing for an extra die of whatever type of check I am doing, and I could also use a Weapon to add another die, as well as an Item and Spell if they all allowed me to add a die to the certain type of check I was doing? All damage I take from monsters/henchmen makes me discard cards from my hand regardless of what the damage is called on the card (acidic, electrical)? With 2 characters in play can each of them discard a Blessing of the Gods to each add a die to the Combat Check?

If I decide to start using a different character, does that character just start with their own 15 cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for everyone's help. I just found and read the FAQ and it answers just about every question I have from my first 2 adventures. Here is the link if there are any other new players that have questions about the game. This is a great resource from Paizo's web site:

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gk#v5748eaic9rb6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Uthus
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another great resource for new players is this guide by Hawkmoon 269
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/101370/a-guide-for-new...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurax golden chubby dragon
msg tools
Eiriken wrote:
Another great resource for new players is this guide by Hawkmoon 269
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/101370/a-guide-for-new...

Indeed, Hawkmoon's guide helped me immensely even after playing all of Burnt Offerings adventure scenarios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.