United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
KILLER QUEEN: BITES THE DUST!
badge
ShaRog Master Race
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd still love to see this game materialize. Is this going the way of Starcraft: Ghost?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, definitely still coming. We've been working on it lots!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
ShaRog Master Race
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
Nope, definitely still coming. We've been working on it lots!

Awesome! Can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, oh goodness, the SC: Ghost reference, like a painful knife surrounded by scar tissue I'd forgotten was in my side being retwisted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheKillShirt wrote:
I'd still love to see this game materialize. Is this going the way of Starcraft: Ghost?

Why couldn't you have gone with Warcraft Adventures? That would have been less painful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year at Gencon I tried to demo this and no one seemed to know what the heck I was talking about. I went to the vendors hall and was directed to another room with asmadi games. There I asked a bout a demo, but the people there had no idea about demo's. It was one of the games I really wanted to demo. I am glad it's still being worked on and I hope it's at Gencon this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a demo event on Sunday at noon. I signed up but unfortunately could not attend. I don't know if it happened at all but at least we know that a demo was planned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
ShaRog Master Race
mbmbmbmbmb
warpi9 wrote:
Last year at Gencon I tried to demo this and no one seemed to know what the heck I was talking about. I went to the vendors hall and was directed to another room with asmadi games. There I asked a bout a demo, but the people there had no idea about demo's. It was one of the games I really wanted to demo. I am glad it's still being worked on and I hope it's at Gencon this year.

Yeah someone mentioned this before. This made the number one spot for my very first top ten video: Top Ten Games of Gencon 2013. If it wasn't even presented at the con, I'd feel fairly dumb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we'll be running it all weekend long at GenCon this year in our event room, as we did last year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Urban
United States
Merrimack
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So this is what the GenCon catalogue says:

Consequential - Tale of the Cataclysm: Learn to Play An epic adventure merging digital and tabletop gaming. Save both Earth and Laris from peril in this co-op game. Get a discount towards purchase of the game!

I can't find any facebook page, or information page. Is the game coming out at GenCon? Is it out? Are there any videos? Trying to understand this digital and tabletop gaming description.

Thanks!

-Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it won't be released at GenCon, but it will be on Kickstarter during the show, for a late fall release.

Consequential is a primarily tabletop game, with a digital companion app. You have a board game where you and your fellow heroes move around, acquire Page cards from the story, and use them to stabilize locations and events in time. The digital element is an app that runs on a tablet, phone, or laptop and delivers you story events and cutscenes at certain points, and also tells you how to set up the game -- each episode in the story has a different setup. The second half of each play also contains a real-time phase where the app runs a timer which the group must race against to claim victory.

I forgot the event book comes out a week before event reg opens, I'll post more before Sunday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
ShaRog Master Race
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
So, it won't be released at GenCon, but it will be on Kickstarter during the show, for a late fall release.

Consequential is a primarily tabletop game, with a digital companion app. You have a board game where you and your fellow heroes move around, acquire Page cards from the story, and use them to stabilize locations and events in time. The digital element is an app that runs on a tablet, phone, or laptop and delivers you story events and cutscenes at certain points, and also tells you how to set up the game -- each episode in the story has a different setup. The second half of each play also contains a real-time phase where the app runs a timer which the group must race against to claim victory.

I forgot the event book comes out a week before event reg opens, I'll post more before Sunday!

Will functionality basically be the same across all the platforms? I'd have to use my laptop for this, as I won't have a tablet or smart phone capable of running that by the time this comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Text boxes will obviously be smaller/larger, but there won't be any functionality changes across platforms. If anything, I'd say the laptop would be the easiest to use if you've got space for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Renwick
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:

I havent been able to find any events for Consequential. Were they not posted yet? or is it just going to be open demos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you search for keyword Consequential, you should find them all. I used this:

https://gencon.com/events/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&event_type=&...=

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a ton of events listed. I plan on attending one. I'm still bitter about last year, and the snafu, but the way I look at it is they had a year to make it better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
If anything, I'd say the laptop would be the easiest to use if you've got space for it!

"laptop" as in "any laptop", or as in "Windows laptop", or "Windows or Mac laptop" (asks the guy who runs Linux)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
It'd run through a web browser on laptops, so any OS would do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:

Any update on the kickstarter or on events during Gen Con?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
We ran about 80 games of Consequential during Gen Con and they were pretty awesome! We're still working on the KS though. I'm following the Blizzard/Valve model of release dates, at the moment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
We ran about 80 games of Consequential during Gen Con and they were pretty awesome! We're still working on the KS though. I'm following the Blizzard/Valve model of release dates, at the moment

If it is their quality of games, I am fine with that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:

2 years ago Consequential idea of app integration was innovative and fresh. Maybe even it was too new - players weren't ready for it. Now "everybody" does it. Even FGG,and they are very conservative now and rarely risk doing anything new. So don't be late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, any chance we'll be able to demo this at BGG Con? I'd love to see how it's evolved since I had a chance to see it in its earliest stages at PAX 2012.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning to bring a copy down with me, yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.