Jovan Milojevic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, I don't want to get rid of game, just want to sell my painted figures. And of course i don't sell 'em, but "replace" 'em with unpainted-one. I got all base game plus Well of Darkness & Altar of Despair expansions and i spent about 6 months on those figures. I can say that my work is about 6/10 on quality track, IMHO. So what price is best suitable for my work? You can check my work in my photos @ my profile.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/user/254682/jocinetu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Gowans
United States
OMAHA
NE
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of mine are pained, but I'd happily swap you mine, even strip down the ones that are painted if necessary. That's a beautiful paint job, friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jovan Milojevic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jacobugath wrote:
A few of mine are pained, but I'd happily swap you mine, even strip down the ones that are painted if necessary. That's a beautiful paint job, friend.
i need price advice... also i prefer to meet in personal to swap miniatures and I'm from Serbia you know...
Anyone who can help me with real price for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cann
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no hard and fast price guide. All you can do is evaluate how much you think someone should pay for them. Start with how much you spent on paint, how much you think your time was worth while working on them and then tack that on to the going rate for 1E minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice work, would love to have minis like that. But I am afraid I cannot give you any advice on pricing either. Nor would I probably be able to afford them :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lia S.
United States
California
flag msg tools
I just found two full sets of Descent 1st edition monster figures for about $100 US each on ebay, shipping included. One will even ship internationally for $95 US. I can't speak to the fairness of the price, as the sellers have separated the whole rest of the board game from the figures and are selling the heroes piecemeal for about ~$12 US a piece + shipping, promo figures notwithstanding.

Painting is subjective. I'd bet that if you look online for people who paint pewter figurines for a living, you'll find a good base line. Warhammer has large armies including heroes, lieutenants, et cetera, so their bulk painting prices should be a great way to get an idea of your time's worth.

Found this rather quickly:
http://pro-painted-miniatures.com/Services/tabid/144/Default...
At his posted rates, it would cost ~1000 units of your favorite currency for a set as large as Descent; and that's a minimum estimate.

However, some people who are selling on ebay seem to have more time on their hands or value their skills less, since figures can be obtained for around 5 - 10 USD each, with large figures and such costing quite a bit more.

One must also factor in the fact that Descent figures are no longer made, so the cost of care for a full set that is not easily replaced should be considered (danger pay :-P).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.