Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Adams
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do people find this game plays with lots of players? Basically I've played Super Dungeon Explore once with 5 players and I found it pretty boring. The DM guy had little downtime between his turns whereas the rest of the players has a long wait and, as they were all playing co-op they were all moving towards the same goal, the strategy was not your own.

So yeah, my friend just got Level 7 which I've heard lots of good things about but, do you think I'd have the same slightly negative experience if I played it with 5 people? And maybe it's better to perhaps limit it to 3? Or is this game different enough that there will be enough to keep my mind engaged with more players.

Thanks,

Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried with 5 yet, but I have played with 4. The Overseer seems pretty engaged throughout, since he's planning while the Commandos are playing, or even interrupting, etc. The Commandos, 3 of them, seemed to play really well. They all discussed the plans before moving out, each one taking on a role they felt necessary for that turn, etc.

I imagine there might be a little more downtime in a 5 player game, but not too much.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Adams
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to update anyone that might read this I finally got round to playing a game today. A lot of people wanted in though and we played with 6 people. The downtime killed me, I was pretty bored. I imagine the game is pretty good with 3 people though, playing two commandos each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Adams
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I was still way less bored than with Super Dungeon Explore though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.