Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never once had an issue with FedEx whereas I've had multiple troubles with UPS so go figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
2 data points is always enough to draw a conclusion from... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:

I'm sorry, i don't see anyone drawing a conclusion from anything.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Other important factors not mentioned or considered:
-weights of the packages
-dimensions of the package
-specific route each package took (how many total miles did they move, not as the bird flies)
-method of transport (entirely ground, part air part ground - maybe no way to know this)
-quality of packing jobs by two separate people

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shifty203 1
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always avoid UPS, to the point where if I can't get the item I want delivered by anybody but UPS, I live without the item.

Of course, I live in Canada though, where UPS has a fairly profitable extortion scheme setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer UPS over Fedex because their distribution center is in the same town I live and work in so I can stop over there after work to pick up my packages. With Fedex, they always leave packages at my apartment, which doesn't have a locked hallway. Otherwise I'd have to travel 30 miles north to their distribution center.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use FedEx, because I have found the cost to be the best of all my shipping options for anything that doesn't fit in a flat rate box. FedEx ground includes $100 insurance, the tracking is good, and the delivery speed is usually very good.

Additionally, you can open a free account online and get discounts for purchasing shipping online and another discount for FedEx ground if it is shipped to a business address.

UPS has consistently cost me more and anytime something is shipped to me via UPS, it takes FOREVER.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:
I use FedEx, because I have found the cost to be the best of all my shipping options for anything that doesn't fit in a flat rate box. FedEx ground includes $100 insurance, the tracking is good, and the delivery speed is usually very good.

Additionally, you can open a free account online and get discounts for purchasing shipping online and another discount for FedEx ground if it is shipped to a business address.

UPS has consistently cost me more and anytime something is shipped to me via UPS, it takes FOREVER.

If you want a package to take forever, send it via FedEx SmartPost and watch the tracking number zigzag around the country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:
Tatsu wrote:

If you want a package to take forever, send it via FedEx SmartPost and watch the tracking number zigzag around the country.

I've usually gone with SmartPost in the past and I hate it. HAAAATE it. 9 times out of 10, my package shows up the day after the estimated delivery or later. FedEX drivers have also managed to walk up to my house and leave a no-delivery note without actually bothering to see if I was home. Because they need a signature, so why would they see if I'm home? Totally not their problem, amiright?

On the other hand, I've never had problems with UPS. Ever. I do a lot of shipping through them, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
FedEx delivers on Saturdays.

That is a world of difference to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Simpson
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never had a problem with FedEx or UPS (or actually the US Postal Service or DHL for that matter). I did work for DHL back in the day and it boggled my mind how anything could be shipped without it being damaged. The things that I seen go on at work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wahl
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeRockEHF wrote:
Never had a problem with FedEx or UPS (or actually the US Postal Service or DHL for that matter). I did work for DHL back in the day and it boggled my mind how anything could be shipped without it being damaged. The things that I seen go on at work...

I used to work in receiving for high end retail, and we were shipped these one of a kind pieces of glass artwork via dhl every week. the delivery driver for them would constantly kick them, drop them, and roll (yes, roll) the square boxes that were literally plastered with fragile, do not drop, glass, Etc Warning labels and when confronted, dhl didn't do anything, not even remove him from the route. No idea what kind of business model that is, but holy crap.

On another note, we had a fedex guy get caught stealing merchandise after scanning it off on a huge shipment and sticking it back in his truck to take home or something. We checked boxes on delivery then immediately checked them again for sorting after the driver would leave, and we had him on camera sneaking the stuff back into his truck since our physical count five minutes later revealed the missing items. He could have played it off as he accidentally put them back when confronted, but instead he lied about it until presented with the tapes and was terminated according to fedex.

So I'd say the individuals working at any of these places can potentially be scumbags, so it is hard to say the whole company is crappy unless you have something like how dhl wouldn't do anything about the idiot dropping our $15,000 dollar boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fed-Ex has proven to be faster in my experiences.
No issues either way with condition or personnel.
I will NEVER ever again use UPS myself due to the fiasco of their undisclosed fees shipping to Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had good experiences with both however wherever I am on their routes FedEx always delivers to me before lunch and with UPS it's usually around 5-6 pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
Gejayge wrote:

Jorune

I thought the whistle was the closest thing we had to a sarcasm button around here... Apparently I was wrong. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
how are you getting such cheap shipping rates for that kind of weight...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ Shoemaker
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rusticchasm wrote:
how are you getting such cheap shipping rates for that kind of weight...

If you sign up for an account the rates are infinitely cheaper than if you just go to the website to get estimated shipping rates. We're talking like $10 vs $45. I used to think people were crazy, and wondered how FedEx/UPS stayed in business, then my wife did some shipping for work and we discovered that once you sign in, the shipping rates drop dramatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a package coming from FedEx. It was sent out on the 11th from CSI. It is suppose to be here on the 16th. Last update was the 12th. This is the first time I have seen no update during a weekday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Grinch wrote:
Gejayge wrote:
Jorune wrote:
Gejayge wrote:

Jorune

I thought the whistle was the closest thing we had to a sarcasm button around here... Apparently I was wrong. whistle

Looks like the only one jumping to a conclusion here is you.

Wow, I obviously hit a sore spot for a few.

I dish out plenty, so I am ready to take it.

I had no idea that putting 'I thought' led others to think you are drawing conclusions rather than stating an opinion. Thanks for informing me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Wagner
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
The Grinch wrote:
Gejayge wrote:
Jorune wrote:
Gejayge wrote:

Jorune

Looks like the only one jumping to a conclusion here is you.

Wow, I obviously hit a sore spot for a few.

I dish out plenty, so I am ready to take it.

I had no idea that putting 'I thought' led others to think you are drawing conclusions rather than stating an opinion. Thanks for informing me.

You appear to be trying hard to appear clever. If that's the plan, it's not working. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to go play a board game.

You win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan O'Toole
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
All I need is 1 more boardgame...always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
I am going to go play a board game.

You win.

No Sir, it sounds like you win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.