BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Board Game Map? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Robbins
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm creating a board game and I need something, whether its a program or a business, that can create one for me. Trying to get a picture of some of the countries in the world onto a physical board so my friends and I can play on it. Any ideas? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Juku
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you thinking of actual countries of Earth, or fictional countries that you've created?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
so my friends and I can play on it.
sounds like you are not going to publish the game. For a single copy having it printed proffessionally is of course well possible, however, for me it would be too expensive.

Cheap suggestion: what about taking a plan of Risk, should be easy to get and cheap.

The expensive option would be: Find a designer who draws you map (and pay him) and find a company that prints it for you. If that´s the goal, we could maybe help you finding them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Richards
United Kingdom
Redruth
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends what you want in terms of detail, and which countries you want. Maybe your best bet (if you want simple maps) is to download some basic vector maps. One of the first ones I found on a quick Google is https://www.freevectormaps.com/ .

Use some vectors in Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape or similar and they should scale up to just about any size with no loss of detail. Take the files along to a local printer to have them blown up to whatever size you want and maybe layer with some acrylic or perspex or something to prototype?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.