Subject: Question regarding MOB rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dietram Ehler
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I just played my first game and directly ran into a question.
How exactly does MOB work?
The text states: Add +1B ATT to this models melee attack for every other model with mob in melee with the target, up to +3B ATT.

At the beginning of my turn there are 3 Knuckleheads right next to a hero.
Last Turn all Knuckleheads only moved and did not attack.
I activate my first Mob and attack the hero. Does he get a +2B ATT because the other two could attack the hero.

If they attacked the player last turn, would they still be in melee and the first Knucklehead would get the bonus this time?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
superdidi wrote:
I activate my first Mob and attack the hero. Does he get a +2B ATT because the other two could attack the hero.

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being 'in melee' is just a range indicator. The models don't need to attack a model or not attack last turn to benefit from MOB. The only requirement is to be 'in melee'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dietram Ehler
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification.
Maybe its a translation issue. I am playing with the german rules from the web site.

So, thank's alot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the reach 2 from the spear kobolds make them count as melee when they are two squares away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aradraug
Czech Republic
Novy Jicin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gorondil wrote:
Does the reach 2 from the spear kobolds make them count as melee when they are two squares away?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Eldin
msg tools
Thank You guys, needed this aswell, another question then:

"MoB is counted as "in melee" if they are in atk range, they do not have to be adjacent"

Doesn't that basicly mean that the Flinger triggers MoB when he uses atk to atk from Range? He do have MoB and that is simply his way of attacking. MoB is afterall an effect of more creatures assaulting one target, the target will be busy and can't keep up with them all aswell as their tactic. (if you think logical)

So, will the Flinger be able to stand about 4 SQM away and get the MoB for his attack aswell trigger MoB for other creatures?

Kind Regards,
Eldin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zathex wrote:
Thank You guys, needed this aswell, another question then:

"MoB is counted as "in melee" if they are in atk range, they do not have to be adjacent"

Doesn't that basicly mean that the Flinger triggers MoB when he uses atk to atk from Range? He do have MoB and that is simply his way of attacking. MoB is afterall an effect of more creatures assaulting one target, the target will be busy and can't keep up with them all aswell as their tactic. (if you think logical)

So, will the Flinger be able to stand about 4 SQM away and get the MoB for his attack aswell trigger MoB for other creatures?

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

No. They must still be 'in melee'.

They don't have to be adjacent because of the Reach ability. Reach puts you 'in melee' even though your technically not. So all models must be adjacent to the target, except if they have Reach, then they just have to be within reach distance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Eldin
msg tools
Thank You.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.