Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've just obtained a newsletter from cundco.de. Inside, I've found an info about about a new mini expansion (or rather a promo) - the Cloisters, that will be available for a short period around Easter at their webshop. Here's the page:http://www.cundco.de/shop/?tx_dkdshop%5Bcategory%5D=1&tx_dkd..., unfortunately in German. In short, it's 6 tiles with real famous German cloisters, which you swap with the base game's cloister tiles. Now you can place a meeple on a cloister in two ways - as a monk (no changes in the previous rules) or as an abbot (you put your meeple on the side, in order to distinguish him from the monk).
As far as I understood, at the end of the game, the abbot is scored differently from the monk - it gives you one point for the cloister tile itself plus points for all tiles extending east, west, north and south from the cloister until the gap or the board edge. So, each cloister can give you different amount of points, depending on how much do you extend the for rows of tiles beginning in the cloister.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Adrian
Canada
Edmonton
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
German cloisters in France? What will they rhink of next, flying machines??laugh

Thanks for the update!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirjeyhmis wrote:
German cloisters in France? What will they rhink of next, flying machines??laugh

Thanks for the update!

Actually, there already are flying machines in Carcassonne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Adrian
Canada
Edmonton
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Svartisen wrote:
sirjeyhmis wrote:

Thanks for the update!

Actually, there already are flying machines in Carcassonne

Yes, that was my point; sorry for being obtuse!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The true Carcassonne flying machine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stlm wrote:

Want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Already working on translating the German rules PDF to English, even though the posts above pretty much sum up the rules nicely!

I'll post when ready (assuming BGG creates a formal page for this mini-expansion!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Harvey
Australia
Earlville
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info Svartisen - just placed an order!! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Beynon
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. Order placed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked the wrong week to avoid the Geek. Great info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently, my German is not as strong as I thought. I got to the last page for the ordering of the goodness, and all of a sudden there were these various sets of numbers and letter/number combinations and it told me to pay the gross amount, and I have no idea how to pay. I HAZ A SAD. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
asmyr42 wrote:
Apparently, my German is not as strong as I thought. I got to the last page for the ordering of the goodness, and all of a sudden there were these various sets of numbers and letter/number combinations and it told me to pay the gross amount, and I have no idea how to pay. I HAZ A SAD. cry

I guess these were the numbers of the bank account for paying via bank transfer and you didn't chose "Paypal" in step 2 in the drop-down menu for "Zahlungsmethode", where "Vorkasse" is pre-selected?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asmyr42 wrote:

Two years of German in high school about 30 years ago and all I can remember is how to count to 100, half the colors, and die fernsehapparat ist wieder kaputt.
Don't think my German language skills are going to help me order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Impy wrote:
asmyr42 wrote:

I guess these were the numbers of the bank account for paying via bank transfer and you didn't chose "Paypal" in step 2 in the drop-down menu for "Zahlungsmethode", where "Vorkasse" is pre-selected?

I most certainly did not choose Paypal where Vorkasse is pre-selected. That explains all. Well, I've emailed them, and told them I wanted to pay with Paypal. I am disappointed. I had been so proud of myself for figuring it out! Scheisse!

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A general advice on the order - use Paypal if you can. If you misplaced the order, contact them, giving the order number (they understand English, they will cancel it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there doesn't seem to be a separate page for the "Klöster in Deutschland" (German Monasteries) mini-expansion yet, I'll post this here.

I've finished my English translation of the rules, and here's a link to download it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B62Qt7XfvzblbC1iUmZsMjFYZFU...

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! That was quick! Thank you Walt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wohoo! My order arrived today, including a bag of meeple gummy bears meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome. I enjoy doing it, and anything that can help more players around the world enjoy Carcassonne is good for us all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Order placed. So stoked! Picked up a copy of River I while I was busy paying my right arm in shipping. Might as well, no??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H. T.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impy wrote:
asmyr42 wrote:

I've ordered a about six times from this site.

Twice, I've screwed up the Paypal and selected "Vorkasse" instead. Biggest recommendation to US users, make sure it says Paypal before confirming order. It is very easy to overlook.

On another note, I've always got my items super-fast. Great site, great customer service, highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
MinnesotaPenguin wrote:

I've ordered a about six times from this site.

Twice, I've screwed up the Paypal and selected "Vorkasse" instead. Biggest recommendation to US users, make sure it says Paypal before confirming order. It is very easy to overlook.

On another note, I've always got my items super-fast. Great site, great customer service, highly recommended.

What are shipping costs like? I'm thinking of getting, but if they bringing them back for sale in October, I'd rather wait and get it with other National Monastery sets (as hinted at), and ship all at once. I'm going to try the abbot rules in my next play though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:

What are shipping costs like?

You can find the info here: http://www.cundco.de/shop/versandkostenkonto/

For order below 10 EUR, the sending cot is 3.95 EUR

Orders 10-35 EUR & above 35 EUR it's 9.50 EUR to Austria, Belgium, Netherlands and 23.50 EUR to all other countries.

I don't understand why they split the 10-35 EUR and over 35 EUR, because the costs are the same.

It would be wise to confirm it by e-mail: service(at)cundco.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H. T.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It cost me $19.33 to have 2 copies of the expansion shipped to me in Minnesota.

They have some other wonderful stuff on the site too, such as meeples in new colors and an extra large bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.