Tournay» Forums » General

Subject: what is the point to buy workers from other players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
baar baar
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the game on BGA recently,I've only scratched the surface of this game,but by playing the game i Seldom buy the worker from other players,specially when i buy it from the board.It seems so useless.Can anyone tell my what is the Strategies for buying workers?thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are so many reasons! In short, it's when you need a worker of the right colour or want to deny your opponent a worker of the right colour.

Maybe you want higher level cards, maybe you don't want to waste a turn refreshing, maybe you want to stop your opponent activating a big combo or drawing a Level-III card. Those are just some examples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
fateswanderer wrote:
There are so many reasons! In short, it's when you need a worker of the right colour or want to deny your opponent a worker of the right colour.

Maybe you want higher level cards, maybe you don't want to waste a turn refreshing, maybe you want to stop your opponent activating a big combo or drawing a Level-III card. Those are just some examples.

I came to say what you said. But I say! I knew I'd see you here first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hanibalicious wrote:
I came to say what you said. But I say! I knew I'd see you here first.

Sadly it's been a couple of weeks since my last game of Tournay! (Fortunately I'm still 2nd!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
baar baar
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx for the reply,but it seems more useful to buy the workers in supply side,and its not easy to restrict the opponent,when they have more workers.so i want to know what is the Strategy to buy the worker from other players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
baar baar
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and i think it is better,when the player can only one worker to buy,so every one has Maximum 3 workers to place.and then i can stop my opponent drawing a Level-III card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.