Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
*rushes to tell his little mule the good news*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
shake

This part is also precious. “Do you think the white people of Alabama would let me adopt a white baby?” he asked. The host and guests in the paused for a moment before Holmes continued, “Do you think the white folks in Alabama, the white authorities will permit Alvin Holmes to adopt a white baby in Alabama? Now just answer that yes or no.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Democrats that a complete imbecile like this guy could get elected over and over again with the support of his party?

Easy: when in office, Republicans take away your rights, raise your taxes, and start wars for no good reason. I'd vote for an idiot Democrat rather than those things any day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Sounds like you have Republicans confused with Democrats. Democrats are the ones who take away your rights, start wars for no good reason, and raise your taxes. Hell, raising your taxes and taking away your rights are Democrats' two favorite things to do, well, other than marrying mules and making mutant babies that is.

Well, no.

The trick is that you have to pay attention to what Republicans actually do while they are in office, which is usually very different than what they say they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Alvin Holmes is actually a decently solid state legislator. He just has the habit of injecting race into a lot of areas where it may not be necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
He was just trying to get the mule vote. Next week he'll start working on the goats.

I swear we're 6 months away and the pandering and trying to invent issues which aren't there for the political base to get riled up over is already reaching a sickening level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
Alvin Holmes is actually a decently solid state legislator. He just has the habit of injecting race into a lot of areas where it may not be necessary.

It's called race baiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
He was just trying to get the mule vote. Next week he'll start working on the goats.

First, they came for the mules.

Then they came for the goats.

Then they came for the crypto-goats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I guess that's sort of the John C. Calhoun/Stephen Douglas defense...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was a given that State Legislators often say stupid things, but it was only interesting when one at the Federal level did the same. Or does that only apply to Republicans?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
imaginary racists living in his head

Why you want to bad mouth all the real racists in Alabama?

They try just as hard you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Democrats that a complete imbecile like this guy could get elected over and over again with the support of his party?

Alabama.

It's basically a little slice of hell on earth. A hole in the planet where millions of people who didn't finish high school worship one or another college football team they have no association with, where millions more idiots gather on weekends to watch other idiots drive cars in a circle, and where there is a county with almost one in four adults on (mostly fraudulent) disability payouts. Fuck Alabama, and this moron with his mule marriages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
It's basically a little slice of hell on earth. A hole in the planet where millions of people who didn't finish high school worship one or another college football team they have no association with, where millions more idiots gather on weekends to watch other idiots drive cars in a circle, and where there is a county with almost one in four adults on (mostly fraudulent) disability payouts. Fuck Alabama, and this moron with his mule marriages.

I think Hale County is more a demonstration how even good intentions can cause problems with government-run disability programs than anything else.

Alabama's a great place to live. Low housing costs, low energy costs, and good work if you know where to look for it. Open country, BBQ, and friendly people. I like it here. Feel free to visit any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

I think Hale County is more a demonstration how even good intentions can cause problems with government-run disability programs than anything else.

Alabama's a great place to live. Low housing costs, low energy costs, and good work if you know where to look for it. Open country, BBQ, and friendly people. I like it here. Feel free to visit any time.

Awesome. Can you send me map shaved into your back hair?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceGhost wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

LOL, I don't have enough back hair for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:

What are the "good intentions" in defrauding your fellow citizens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:

Exactly what the article pointed out. These really are people in a situation where having back pain disqualifies you from essentially every available job. Nobody is laughing maniacally here because they're stealing from the country- a lot of them really don't see any other way of doing things, and they're being helped along by a doctor who sympathizes with their pain. No laws are being broken here.

And what's the end result of all that? People who the program was never intended to serve are getting on it and sucking money out of it. Don't be angry at the people- it's not their fault. It's an inherent flaw with the system of government trying to give people a hand up. That's where the ire needs to be directed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:

First, they came for the mules.

Then they came for the goats.

Then they came for the crypto-goats.

Oh, you KNOW I'll speak up when they come for the crypto-goats. That's where I'll draw the line. They can have my crypto-goat when they pry it from my open-source hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:

Exactly what the article pointed out. These really are people in a situation where having back pain disqualifies you from essentially every available job. Nobody is laughing maniacally here because they're stealing from the country- a lot of them really don't see any other way of doing things, and they're being helped along by a doctor who sympathizes with their pain. No laws are being broken here.

And what's the end result of all that? People who the program was never intended to serve are getting on it and sucking money out of it. Don't be angry at the people- it's not their fault. It's an inherent flaw with the system of government trying to give people a hand up. That's where the ire needs to be directed.

That's ridiculous. "I don't see another way of doing things" is not an excuse to cheat and steal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Iniguez
United States
Idaho Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
SpaceGhost wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

LOL, I don't have enough back hair for that.

That is OK, you can use your little mule. They have more hair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

where millions more idiots gather on weekends to watch other idiots drive cars in a circle,Fuck Alabama,

I think, technically, a race track, is an ellipse, but it's been a long time since my math degree. I think, certainly, most standard NASCAR race tracks are not circles.

Maybe a practicing mathematician can clarify these claims.

I thought he was talking about all the downtown loops and the idiots that can't figure out how to navigate them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.