Popular Tags: [View All]
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
I have Kythis, the Gatekeeper which is released on 2010
and then I have Ethereal Huntress and miles, Golden Prodigy from the online store. And then, lately I just go some newest 2013-2014 promos from ebay such as Foul Replicant, N.I.N.E., Defender of Vigil, Disciple of Sadranis, Vault of Askara

But I noticed from 1st it was 63.5x89mm with shinning card back
Then 2nd category i mentioned (Huntress,Miles) was with 63x88.5mm
And then last I got from ebay for new promo was 62x87mm

What is up with all the card sizes?

Have anyone ever noticed that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cglin222 wrote:
and then I have Ethereal Huntress and miles, Golden Prodigy from the online store. And then, lately I just go some newest 2013-2014 promos from ebay such as Foul Replicant, N.I.N.E., Defender of Vigil, Disciple of Sadranis, Vault of Askara

This was a whole "public outcry" thing. CotG was one size, but when RotF was released, they went with a slightly smaller sized card for better long term benefits and decided to stick with that from then on. However they didn't announce it to anyone, and those that bought the game figured it out the hard way. Those that tried it out at a convention couldn't tell since they were sleeved using the official sleeves. The card sizes were different which to some was unacceptable.

Stoneblade Entertainment (Gary Games back then) offered to sell the official card sleeves for... 25% discount IIRC? Those that don't believe in sleeving were upset/pissed that they had to spend more $$ on a problem that shouldn't have existed. Those that already sleeved using the official sleeves are upset/pissed that they can't get the same deal since they already bought their sleeves.

I'm surprised to hear there's now a 3rd card size wow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
ackmondual wrote:
cglin222 wrote:

This was a whole "public outcry" thing. CotG was one size, but when RotF was released, they went with a slightly smaller sized card for better long term benefits and decided to stick with that from then on. However they didn't announce it to anyone, and those that bought the game figured it out the hard way. Those that tried it out at a convention couldn't tell since they were sleeved using the official sleeves. The card sizes were different which to some was unacceptable.

Stoneblade Entertainment (Gary Games back then) offered to sell the official card sleeves for... 25% discount IIRC? Those that don't believe in sleeving were upset/pissed that they had to spend more $$ on a problem that shouldn't have existed. Those that already sleeved using the official sleeves are upset/pissed that they can't get the same deal since they already bought their sleeves.

Ya, I took a measurement with my CM ruler from Japan and measured it and was surprised to see that all 3 sizes are different
In fact, I put them all together, and they are all different, so definitely, there is a 3rd size

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmb
ackmondual wrote:

I'm investigating. Rest assured there is no third size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
Huuuze wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

I'm investigating. Rest assured there is no third size.

Not sure how I would post image here... I took some images, but I don't know how I would post it.
Any help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
cglin222 wrote:
Not sure how I would post image here...

From this editor, click the camera with the arrow (Upload New Geek Image) and the image goes into your own gallery and will be linked to your post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
cglin222 wrote:

Cards from the back to the front:

Kythis, the Gatekeeper
Ethereal Huntress
Vault of Askara

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take one photo with all three cards stacked on each each other, that should make them pretty obvious.

(posted as OP was uploading photos)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
I tried to do that, but because there were statics that card does not lay still on top of each other.

I will try later tonight once I get off work today.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
therealtheshader wrote:
Take one photo with all three cards stacked on each each other, that should make them pretty obvious.

(posted as OP was uploading photos)

You can see that left corner all 3 sizes are different, I lined them up at the bottom and on the left

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
I just noticed that with the original shinning backed promo the lower right says promo
with the online store it is P with orange dot
With the promo i got from ebay, it's just a P in white ink on lower right of the card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
cglin222 wrote:
I just noticed that with the original shinning backed promo the lower right says promo
with the online store it is P with orange dot
With the promo i got from ebay, it's just a P in white ink on lower right of the card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lucero
United States
Centennial
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own only Ascension: Rise of Vigil and it's expansion Ascension: Darkness Unleashed. Both of these sets (which are the two newest) are not even the same size cut. It annoys me to no end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ash1138 wrote:
I own only Ascension: Rise of Vigil and it's expansion Ascension: Darkness Unleashed. Both of these sets (which are the two newest) are not even the same size cut. It annoys me to no end.
Huh, so much for the implication by Gary Games/Stone Blade Entertainment that the cards from RotF and beyond wouldn't have such issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.