Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a house card like this?

Cover the part searched with the character card.

You don't need the interrupted card either. Just cover the part searched with a searched room card. If a house is completely searched, cover the right side with a searched room card.

This way can save 48 red cubes & 9 interrupted cards.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's perfect!

Whenever I can remove excess components is a really good thing!!

I love it, it's simple, efficient and logical!

Thanks David, I will update all the cards with this new layout and when you are finished with the review, I will update the rules!

Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultracheng wrote:
How about a house card like this?

Cover the part searched with the character card.

You don't need the interrupted card either. Just cover the part searched with a searched room card. If a house is completely searched, cover the right side with a searched room card.

This way can save 48 red cubes & 9 interrupted cards.

What do you think?

So I'm FINALLY getting around to doing a full update on Zombies at the Door and I remembered that I need to update the house cards. I started to work on your recommendation when I noticed a problem.

"What if player's don't go in order from right to left when searching rooms?" This will cause you to move the card back and forth, plus have a room already searched but not covered because they are searching a room in a different order. Does it take away from the game if the player is forced to follow a search order that goes right to left? The reason players are allowed to search in any order is so they can look for a specific item right off the bat. I think your idea works as long as I change the rules for what is found in each room. I think I need to remove the item name from the house card and make it a random find when searching each room. Actually this makes more sense because you shouldn't really know that a gun is in a specific room when it could actually be anywhere! So, I think I'll work your idea with the removal of the item names and make it so you search each room in order from right to left so it slowly covers the card until all rooms are search! What do think? Does this make sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.