Rune Age: Oath and Anvil» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pillage and Mythic units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alejandro F
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You know of a faq or official rules clarification about the effect of a pillage card that reveals a Mythic unit and another card?

I believe that somewhere, is stated that if one card cannot be destroyed you must choose another card if able. I remember this linked to the attrition dice. I think that the same applies to this case.

If the two cards revelaed are Mythic units, discard one and draw the other?

If there is only one card overall in your deck + discard pile. You draw it, destroy it or choose whatever you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fisico wrote:
You know of a faq or official rules clarification about the effect of a pillage card that reveals a Mythic unit and another card?

I believe that somewhere, is stated that if one card cannot be destroyed you must choose another card if able. I remember this linked to the attrition dice. I think that the same applies to this case.

This is from the Demon FAQs and applies to its combat ability only I believe.

Quote:
If the two cards revelaed are Mythic units, discard one and draw the other?

If there is only one card overall in your deck + discard pile. You draw it, destroy it or choose whatever you want?

Here I would rule it just to throw both units in the discard pile, as for Mythic units it is not written specifically that they cannot be destroyed - if I remember correctly, it is stated that if they should be destroyed, they go to the discard pile instead (regardless be it in combat or outside it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XehutL wrote:

Here I would rule it just to throw both units in the discard pile, as for Mythic units it is not written specifically that they cannot be destroyed - if I remember correctly, it is stated that if they should be destroyed, they go to the discard pile instead (regardless be it in combat or outside it).

Good catch about the mythic units being destroyed. That's exactly how it's worded in the rules.

rules wrote:
A mythic unit functions like a normal unit, except that when it is destroyed, it is discarded instead of returned to its place of origin.

So you would choose one to discard and draw the other. That's great for Barrow Wyrms!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro F
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I tend to see it that way, too. Whenever you destroy a card, if it is mythic you discard it instead. Thanks for all your input.

Now, in the issue of the use of pillage when there is only one card in the deck or in the discard pile, the answers are fewer. I tend toward the idea that you could either draw it or destroy it. How do you play it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as you
(i.e. you choose what the first action will be and for the second you have no card left)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XehutL wrote:
Same as you
(i.e. you choose what the first action will be and for the second you have no card left)

I'm assuming you're talking about pillage with only one card left in your deck. I disagree on this (and to tell the truth, was thinking of making a post on this very issue).

Rnune Age rules wrote:
When a player needs to draw or reveal cards and is unable to do
so because his deck is depleted, he reshuffleshis discard pile to
create a new deck. He may then draw or reveal the cards he needs.

So when you play Pillage (or Forced March) you will play the card and then draw one card. Now you must draw a second but your deck is depleted so you need to reshuffle your discard pile to form a new deck.

Now here is where I have a question: where does Pillage/Forced March go? I contend that it has not fully resolved so it does not hit the discard pile before the shuffle. So after Pillage, the only thing in your discard pile should be Pillage unless you chose to destroy a mythic unit.

But if you are talking about a deck with only one card and zero in the discard, then I just wasted a lot of breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, it may be that you have to destroy it in the end. Two main problems are:
1) does the card causing the action (aka pillage) go to the discard pile immediately or after resolving its effect? (we play the latter)
2) should you take the other card immediately (i.e. have to have both cards to choose at once) or should you resolve what you have (one card) and then refill again (so the only card again)? (we play the former)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XehutL wrote:
Good point, it may be that you have to destroy it in the end. Two main problems are:
1) does the card causing the action (aka pillage) go to the discard pile immediately or after resolving its effect? (we play the latter)
2) should you take the other card immediately (i.e. have to have both cards to choose at once) or should you resolve what you have (one card) and then refill again (so the only card again)? (we play the former)

To me, the rulebook excerpt is pretty clear. You play a card, you try to draw but can't because your deck is depleted, so you shuffle your discard pile and then you may continue to draw or reveal the necessary cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So with a Pillage on hand and only one card left in your deck along with no card in your discard pile will you play how?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro F
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:

But if you are talking about a deck with only one card and zero in the discard, then I just wasted a lot of breath.

Sorry. That's the case.

I believe that pillage does not go to the discard pile until it is fully resolved, so you can destroy a pillage with itself (unfortunately).

I think this need an official faq. I will contact ffg and post here their answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.