Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
326 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 

Two Rooms and a Boom» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 2R1B PBF #66 - Epilogue - Who's the Banana? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
(Text blatantly copied from JarekWarsaw Hi Lizard! Imagine there's a heart emoticon here!)

Hello there. Since the 2R1B game has ended prematurely, let's run mega epic multiplayer Who's the Banana game!

Here are rules, based on this post.

Rules wrote:
'Who's the Banana?', also known as 'Are you a Banana?' or 'The Best Game Ever', is a quick and light deception game, and the first release in the Win, Lose, or Banana Gaming System.

The rules are simple. Shuffle together your WLB cards, and deal one face down to each player. The winners should reveal their cards, by bolding 'I'm the winner', victorious and happy. They may do so at any time! As the winners, they are of course entitled to a prize: A banana. The losers, unfortunately, are displeased. They wanted to win! Or at least be the sought after prize. Blinded by jealousy, they must do the unthinkable: Pretend to be a banana.

Once the winners reveals their cards, the other players must attempt to convince her that they are in fact a true and real banana. Everything is fair game, except of course for a card reveal. Promises, deals, sale of firstborn -- anything goes.

When the winner agrees to move on, he will point to one of the other players, and bold 'PlayerName, you are a banana!'. At that point mod or PlayerName will reveal their card. The game will continue for the rest of the players. Note, that winner has to first reveal his card, before choosing Banana. Also no other player may reveal his card.

Victory will be chosen individually with this chart:

Winner:
(Success) Chose a Banana player!
(Failure) Chose a Loser player!
(Success) Chose no player, and no Banana players were left.
(Epic Failure) Chose another Winner. That's not your fault, the other Winner was supposed to reveal themselves earlier!

Banana:
(Success) Was chosen by a Winner!
(Failure) Was a lonely Banana, and chosen by nobody.

Loser:
(Success) Was chosen by a Winner! Devious glee!
(Failure) Was chosen by nobody. Sulk in the corner.


Game starts Wednesday, April 16 at 9:00 a.m. BGG time. Winners, you'll have up to 24h to make your decision.

Sign Ups:
1. Emme (not the Winner)
2. talusproteus!
3. mowglee
4. slinkydinky
5. maytheodds
6. JarekWarsaw
7. Hal 2000
8. nolemonplease
9. jrp_atg
10. Machiavellian
11. Borgoto
12. dxmify
13. namyzarc
14. Irwin1138
15. CraigRJ
16. JohnnyWarpzone
17. Natsume
18. Nessus77
19. Seen
20. Kiwi13cubed
21. Itai




Role Distribution:
21 players
6-8 Winners
6-8 Losers
6-8 Bananas


Hint: Emme is not one of the Winners. I'm in fact a tasty Banana


Unresolved Players
dxmify
jrp_atg
Kiwi13cubed
mmazala (not the Winner)
Natsume
slinkydinky
talusproteus

Machiavellian - Winner - Won
irwin1138 - Banana - Won
Hal 2000 - Winner - Lost
Seen - Loser - Won
JarekWarsaw - Winner - Lost
namyzarc - Loser - Won
maytheodds - Winner - Lost
Nessus77 - Loser - Won
Borgoto - Winner - Lost
Itai - Loser - Won
CraigRJ - Winner - Lost
nolemonplease - Loser - Won
mowglee - Winner - Won
JohnnyWarpzone - Banana - Won


Game Log
Machiavellian (Winner) chose irwin1138 (Banana). They both win!
Hal 2000 (Winner) chose Seen (Loser). Seen wins!
JarekWarsaw (Winner) chose namyzarc (Loser). namyzarc wins!
maytheodds (Winner) chose Nessus77 (Loser). Nessus77 wins!
Borgoto (Winner) chose Itai (Loser). Itai wins!
CraigRJ (Winner) chose nolemonplease (Loser). nolemonplease wins!
mowglee (Winner) chose JohnnyWarpzone (Banana). They both win!

dxmify (Banana) was not picked. dxmify loses.
jrp_atg (Banana) was not picked. jrp_atg loses.
Kiwi13cubed (Banana) was not picked. Kiwi13cubed loses.
mmazala (Loser) was not picked. mmazala loses.
Natsume (Loser) was not picked. Natsume loses.
slinkydink (Banana) was not picked. slinkydink loses.
talusproteus (Banana) was not picked. talusproteus loses.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sooo...is this a thematic Avengers vs X-Men epilogue or a "let's give folks something to do since the game ended early" epilogue?

Either way, I'm in.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:
Sooo...is this a thematic Avengers vs X-Men epilogue or a "let's give folks something to do since the game ended early" epilogue?

Either way, I'm in.


We can theme it

Human Winners trying to choose Good Mutants vs. Evil Mutants?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the winner!

Sign me up.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to take a moment to appreciate Jarek's WLB rules writeup. I love it so much. It's so cute and adorable and funny. Good job Lizard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What if you're a winner and you don't pick somebody but the banana was left?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hal 2000 wrote:
What if you're a winner and you don't pick somebody but the banana was left?


I'm guessing they both lose.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
I just want to take a moment to appreciate Jarek's WLB rules writeup. I love it so much. It's so cute and adorable and funny. Good job Lizard.
Hey, thanks!
Also, I'm in
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll sign up
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maytheodds wrote:
Hal 2000 wrote:
What if you're a winner and you don't pick somebody but the banana was left?


I'm guessing they both lose.


Sure. Otherwise what's to prevent someone from waiting a week to pick?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When is the deadline to join this game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wednesday, April 16 at 8:37 a.m. BGG time.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Pearon
United States
Potsdam
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played WLB, so I'm in! Here's hoping beginners luck works!

How we will find out what we are (winner, loser, or banana)?
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jrp_atg wrote:
How we will find out what we are (winner, loser, or banana)?
We don't. You'll have to go with your gut. This makes the game even more strategic!
(well, there's a small chance that Emme will send you geekmail with your role)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JarekWarsaw wrote:
jrp_atg wrote:
How we will find out what we are (winner, loser, or banana)?
We don't. You'll have to go with your gut. This makes the game even more strategic!
(well, there's a small chance that Emme will send you geekmail with your role)


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Pearon
United States
Potsdam
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JarekWarsaw wrote:
jrp_atg wrote:
How we will find out what we are (winner, loser, or banana)?
We don't. You'll have to go with your gut. This makes the game even more strategic!
(well, there's a small chance that Emme will send you geekmail with your role)


HA! Great! My gut says I am the winner then
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Jill!!

I recently told Caitlin about some games of "gut-based" WLB ...


Caitlin: Reading this.. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/987271/what-is-your-pota...
Emme: LOL I put that on my BGG profile
Emme: I have a list of my favorite things
Emme: That's up there
Caitlin: I love the tone of the bot
Caitlin: "BlueTorch guessed Emme was the BANANA, and was WRONG!"
Caitin: and was WRONG!
Emme: Hahahahaha
Emme: There is no FRIEND in WIN LOSE OR BANANA
Emme: My boyfriend won a bunch of store credit from the FLGS where he plays Magic
Emme: He has over $100 by now
Emme: He was like "They have Kingsburg + Expansion, Bora Bora, and Letters from Whitechapel - interested?"
Emme: I was like "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOT BORA BORA. NO NO NO NO"
Caitlin: Hahahahaha
Emme: I was like "You know what I'd like?"
Emme: He was like "What?"
Emme: I was like "Another 20 sets or so of WLB"
Caitlin: LOL
Emme: He was like "Woman, I will disown you!"
Emme: A couple of weeks ago we were talking about it
Emme: He was like "To prove how stupid this game is - You are the Winner. I am the Loser or the Banana. Which is it?"
Emme: I was like "You don't have a card."
Emme: He was like "I am thinking about it. I'll tell the truth"
Emme: I looked at him and was like "You're the Loser, because there is no way you are going to claim to be a Banana. You think it is below your dignity."
Emme: He laughed and was like "Yes, you are correct."
Caitlin: hahaha
Emme: He was like "Try it again. What am I now - the Loser or the Banana?"
Emme: I looked at him and I was like "Your eyes are twinkling and the corners of your mouth are pulling. You are trying not to smile because this time you actually ARE thinking "I am the Banana" and you feel stupid. You are the Banana."
Emme: He laughed more and was like "Yep" and gave me a kiss.
Caitlin: that's awesome
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Pearon
United States
Potsdam
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
Welcome Jill!!

I recently told Caitlin about some games of "gut-based" WLB ...


Caitlin: Reading this.. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/987271/what-is-your-pota...
Emme: LOL I put that on my BGG profile
Emme: I have a list of my favorite things
Emme: That's up there
Caitlin: I love the tone of the bot
Caitlin: "BlueTorch guessed Emme was the BANANA, and was WRONG!"
Caitin: and was WRONG!
Emme: Hahahahaha
Emme: There is no FRIEND in WIN LOSE OR BANANA
Emme: My boyfriend won a bunch of store credit from the FLGS where he plays Magic
Emme: He has over $100 by now
Emme: He was like "They have Kingsburg + Expansion, Bora Bora, and Letters from Whitechapel - interested?"
Emme: I was like "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOT BORA BORA. NO NO NO NO"
Caitlin: Hahahahaha
Emme: I was like "You know what I'd like?"
Emme: He was like "What?"
Emme: I was like "Another 20 sets or so of WLB"
Caitlin: LOL
Emme: He was like "Woman, I will disown you!"
Emme: A couple of weeks ago we were talking about it
Emme: He was like "To prove how stupid this game is - You are the Winner. I am the Loser or the Banana. Which is it?"
Emme: I was like "You don't have a card."
Emme: He was like "I am thinking about it. I'll tell the truth"
Emme: I looked at him and was like "You're the Loser, because there is no way you are going to claim to be a Banana. You think it is below your dignity."
Emme: He laughed and was like "Yes, you are correct."
Caitlin: hahaha
Emme: He was like "Try it again. What am I now - the Loser or the Banana?"
Emme: I looked at him and I was like "Your eyes are twinkling and the corners of your mouth are pulling. You are trying not to smile because this time you actually ARE thinking "I am the Banana" and you feel stupid. You are the Banana."
Emme: He laughed more and was like "Yep" and gave me a kiss.
Caitlin: that's awesome


Seriously, THANK YOU!! Laughed out loud so very hard upon reading the link and then this conversation. My personal favorite..."Woman, I will disown you!" What a hoot!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will play. Though I am curious how this will last more than a couple minutes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
I can feel the thunder that's breaking in your heart
badge
This never happened
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jrp_atg wrote:
Never played WLB, so I'm in! Here's hoping beginners luck works!

How we will find out what we are (winner, loser, or banana)?

This is the best!! Hey Emme, does that mean I win the Rathstar award for recruiting?!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rathstar wrote:
jrp_atg wrote:
Never played WLB, so I'm in! Here's hoping beginners luck works!

How we will find out what we are (winner, loser, or banana)?

This is the best!! Hey Emme, does that mean I win the Rathstar award for recruiting?!

Not yet, sir. I've not started recruiting.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
rathstar wrote:
jrp_atg wrote:
Never played WLB, so I'm in! Here's hoping beginners luck works!

How we will find out what we are (winner, loser, or banana)?

This is the best!! Hey Emme, does that mean I win the Rathstar award for recruiting?!

Not yet, sir. I've not started recruiting.


Nor me, i bets go and post it over at yucata now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.