Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Hill
United Kingdom
Fareham
HAMPSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few blind bids and a lighter bank balance later I’ve somehow come away with a copy of The original base game (TOBG) & Timber Peaks (TP.)

It’s my understanding that TB can be used as either a standalone game OR an expansion to TOBG.

The rules are somewhat more streamlined in TP and allow for a quicker game whilst introducing the experience system, this supports my desire from this game; a light and good fun game which takes about an hour to play…but TP appears not come with the same amount of material as TOBG (less heroes etc.) and has some duplicated material regarding tiles / zombies as well as the possibility of requiring material from TOBG and previous expansions (hence its expansion tag) to get its full worth.

I would like to ask therefor the justification for owning both for the purposes of a light hearted fun game with lots of variety to be played with a few drinks? should I sell one of them, if so which would you recommend?

Originally I was planning on winning one of them and picking up Growing Hunger to flesh it out a little, any recommendations regarding this or would 2 base games (effectively) be sufficient.

Any other information you guys could provide would be gratefully appreciated.

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hildan wrote:
)
I would like to ask therefor the justification for owning both for the purposes of a light hearted fun game with lots of variety to be played with a few drinks? should I sell one of them, if so which would you recommend?

If you are looking for lots of variety and keeping the game light, I would recommend keeping the base game and getting growing hunger. The base game has more characters than TP (8 as compared to 6) and more missions (5 as compared to 4). TP adds fire and an experience upgrades, which are cool. But, as for creating more variety: 3 of your characters would overlap. However, if you are selling them and losing money on selling a used copy to pick up a new copy of GH, you might as well keep them both and have 9 scenarios/11 characters to play with and plenty of boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hill
United Kingdom
Fareham
HAMPSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that Timber Peaks adds some extras which the base game doesn’t have unless added via expansions (experience system, fire etc.) I was contemplating keeping Timber Peaks and selling / putting up for trade the base game in order to purchase Blood in the Forest.

I think this will provide me with enough variety / content, that should I wish to then go back and pick up Survival of the Fittest, Growing Hunger, Hero Packs, Web Scenarios etc I can; but for now I see Timber Peaks + Blood in the Forest as sufficient enough to provide both Heroes and Zombies enough to play with whilst having a fun / light hearted time...of course I will only do this if I can sell without losing money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth G
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hildan wrote:
Given that Timber Peaks adds some extras which the base game doesn’t have unless added via expansions (experience system, fire etc.) I was contemplating keeping Timber Peaks and selling / putting up for trade the base game in order to purchase Blood in the Forest.

I think this will provide me with enough variety / content, that should I wish to then go back and pick up Survival of the Fittest, Growing Hunger, Hero Packs, Web Scenarios etc I can; but for now I see Timber Peaks + Blood in the Forest as sufficient enough to provide both Heroes and Zombies enough to play with whilst having a fun / light hearted time...of course I will only do this if I can sell without losing money.

I have TP and BITF. They are both amazing and integrate SEAMLESSLY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.