Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chewie Crew rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle A

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this came up in a store championship and I cannot remember what the ruling was. It was not in my game, so I cannot remember. When Chewie is a crew member, are you allowed to treat each damage seperately? For example, if you took 2 crits and have 2 hull left, can you look at the first crit, decide to use chewie, and then have the second crit hit the shield?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From official FAQ v1.3. It's not worded exactly like your question, but I think it's close enough that the same answer applies.

Quote:
Q: Chewbacca (the Upgrade card) allows a Damage card to be discarded immediately when it is dealt. If the ship with Chewbacca on board is suffering a critical damage, can the player look at that card before choosing whether to use Chewbacca’s ability to discard it?

A: Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I have seen that as well. Wasn't sure if the defender can choose at what point to use it. That was the issue. The guy wanted to use chewie, get a shield, and apply it for the next crit. Sounds like you can, wasn't sure if same issue came up for someone else or not. Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Kline

Bakersfield
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the FAQ describes the damage cards as being dealt one at a time and that Chewie would get an opportunity to look at each in order and decide to activate or pass. Once activated the ship would have 1 shield token for the next damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.