Subject: Review? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bartholomew

Lancaster
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone played this yet (as a playtest version) and able to give a review? Be nice to see some feedback on it while the Kickstarter is still going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
BOOM
badge
BOOM
Yes, a review would be great.

Frankly, I'm quite puzzled by the lack of marketing for this product. Why is there no more content to get a feel for the game? One or two session reports? A designers note? Something like that...

I think it's gonna be an interesting game, but I will not back it without additional information about the flow of the game. The video was a little insight, though, so maybe they're slowly getting to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Bart
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stinger_6 wrote:
Yes, a review would be great.

Frankly, I'm quite puzzled by the lack of marketing for this product. Why is there no more content to get a feel for the game? One or two session reports? A designers note? Something like that...

I think it's gonna be an interesting game, but I will not back it without additional information about the flow of the game. The video was a little insight, though, so maybe they're slowly getting to it.

See /thread/1101316/victory-in-europe-new-wargame-by-columbia-ga... for a few comments from playtesting and short designer notes.

But yes I would like to see more content too (and we are probably not the only ones, looking at the pace of the kickstarter). The video was hard to follow, mainly shows a lot of dice rolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bartholomew

Lancaster
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link. I'd actually posted in that thread but I anticipated more information as the Kickstarter launched. Maybe it's coming.

I agree on the video - I appreciate it but I'm not sure it's going to make anyone order the game. They need something like what Marco or Dice Tower puts together to explain how it works.

I think with a little marketing effort this title could easily pass $100,000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
BOOM
badge
BOOM
AHdave wrote:

I think with a little marketing effort this title could easily pass $100,000.

And that's what bugs me! I think there is a strong market for the game, and it could easily reach all of the stretch goals. It just needs more exposure!

Anyway, I pitch the game to anyone who might be interested. If enough people do that, it could lead to different colored blocks for all of us. Huzzah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.