Galaxy Defenders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kolyo Kostov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions emerged after the first played missions.

1. In the first mission - when a fire token is put on a Teleport point - is the teleport still working until removed from the map. When the teleport is removed - during the next Strategy Phase of the same player or of the next player in turn? And when exactly this happens during the strategy phase - at the beginning or at the end of the phase?

2. About the reaction ability - can the player use ammo when reacting ( I assume it's allowed)?
Can the Marice use his reaction ability when using the stationary weapons Sally or Sunny? If possible can the ammo be used when reacting with them?
When the reaction ability is used - only when an alien is moving (as written) or when activating? Wheh it can be used - before, during and/or after moving. attacking?

3. Searching - Can indoor spaces be searched unlimited times as I understand it, reading the rules?

I will be thankful for any feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kolender wrote:
1. In the first mission - when a fire token is put on a Teleport point - is the teleport still working until removed from the map. When the teleport is removed - during the next Strategy Phase of the same player or of the next player in turn? And when exactly this happens during the strategy phase - at the beginning or at the end of the phase?

Yes, the teleport is still functioning until it is removed from the map (this has been clarified elsewhere in the forums by Agent S). The teleport is not removed until the next strategy phase, which means you finish all player turns in the battle phase and draw an event card before you're guaranteed that aliens will no longer spawn there.

When in the strategy phase doesn't matter much, since nothing happens on the board during that time. (I usually remove the teleport points when refreshing other tokens, so I suppose at the beginning of the strategy phase). You probably want to do it first thing, since otherwise you might get to the mission status check and get a partial accomplishment or failure instead of winning.

Kolender wrote:
2. About the reaction ability - can the player use ammo when reacting ( I assume it's allowed)?

Yes, you can use ammo (to deal area damage with the marine, for instance) just like a normal attack.

Kolender wrote:
Can the Marice use his reaction ability when using the stationary weapons Sally or Sunny?

My gut feeling on this is "probably not" since those weapons require activation with your combat (which is only available during the agent's turn; the Guard reaction is an action that triggers an attack, which is a subtle difference). I don't think Agent S has ruled on this before, though.

Kolender wrote:
When the reaction ability is used - only when an alien is moving (as written) or when activating? Wheh it can be used - before, during and/or after moving. attacking?

The Guard reaction can be used whenever an alien moves (whether during the Marine's turn or outside of it). You resolve it after the alien completes its movement, but before any other AI instructions are followed.

So for instance, if an alien's move ends out of LOS for Chromium, Chromium can't guard against him. If a Xeno-Beta moves into LOS for Chromium, though, he can attack with guard before the alien fires its blaster (potentially killing it before it gets a chance to attack).

Kolender wrote:
3. Searching - Can indoor spaces be searched unlimited times as I understand it, reading the rules?

Correct; unless the mission setup specifies otherwise, of course (for instance, Mission 2 only allows you to search for alien tech fragments until one has been found, and then you have to move to another room).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolyo Kostov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot, Skaak! Really appreciate your replies - very helpful!

And I agree with your suggestion about stationary weapons and guard reaction - I could't resist and guarded in mission 5 with Sally, but don't tell anyone ninja

On the topic about stationary weapons - I was also confused what the special ability is doing ('ammo X . area damage'), but forgot to ask. I interpreted that a player must spend an ammo to deal area damage - is this correct? But it's written 'X' ammo and I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kolender wrote:
And I agree with your suggestion about stationary weapons and guard reaction - I could't resist and guarded in mission 5 with Sally, but don't tell anyone ninja

Your secret's safe with me. I may or may not have decided that Sally wasn't affected by fog, myself, because she wasn't an "agent" and boy did I ever want to deal some area damage to that pack at range {3}.

Kolender wrote:
On the topic about stationary weapons - I was confused what the special ability is doing - 'ammo X . area damage'. I interpret that a player must spend an ammo to deal area damage - is this correct?

I'm pretty sure that this means that the weapon has a variable amount of ammo (depending on the scenario), but always deals area damage (so you only spend an ammo if you roll an ammo icon during the attack, but always deal area damage).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolyo Kostov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I may or may not have decided that Sally wasn't affected by fog, myself, because she wasn't an "agent" and boy did I ever want to deal some area damage to that pack at range {3}.

Yeah, we chose to play it without the fog restriction - I'm sure you're not surprised

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that this means that the weapon has a variable amount of ammo (depending on the scenario), but always deals area damage (so you only spend an ammo if you roll an ammo icon during the attack, but always deal area damage).

Wow, seems so obvious now - didn't thought about variable amount per scenario!

Thanks again for the fast and accurate feedback, Skaak!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chalmers
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb

If the Aracnos uses it GRAB ability, can this trigger GUARD if the Marine is the one being GRABBED?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chalmers
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Also, would the Aracnos GRAB the sentry or the GD robot or will it only go after fleshy Agents!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sador42 wrote:
If the Aracnos uses it GRAB ability, can this trigger GUARD if the Marine is the one being GRABBED?

As long as the Aracnos ends up within the Marine's LOS, I don't see why not.

sador42 wrote:
Also, would the Aracnos GRAB the sentry or the GD robot or will it only go after fleshy Agents!

I've been playing that the Aracnos will grab anything it attacks; after all, it treats the sentry gun and GD robot as agents for the purposes of attack, so there's not really any reason to ignore some of its AI but not other portions when it comes to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.