Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy,

Just trying to sort some last things out before I consider pledging.

What does the CCP 209 do? I searched and found no gameplay description of what it is. I am hoping it maybe helps with ...

Have there been any changes or options as to fielding less than 5 player characters while playing the game? It would be nice to not anyone need to worry about running more than 1 dude. Maybe the CCP 209 is a special player controlled character to fill that void? Or maybe I'm just dreaming / hoping ...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone C.
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is balanced for 5 mercs so the only option is to play with 2 char until one will die of course I didn't read anything official about playing with less than 5 mercs sorry (not a common question)

Cp209 is a opfor so it will not be usable by players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
209 is a high level Security Force model (I'd guess IV or V). All of those tribute models are SecFor.

One of the guys who wrote about playing the demo at PAX said that they only controlled 3 MERCS and the other two were left to the side until they did the B&C. The beta rule book doesn't have any specific rules about using less than 5 MERCS, but it does say that each player receives only 1 MERC miniature and the picture of the example board setup says "Set-up example for 5 players". So maybe there'll be some additional rules for using fewer than 5 MERCS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Waszczuk
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I read somewhere that the CPP-209 was rated as Security Force 4. Also, that it occupied an entire area all on its own. Meaning that no other OpFor could occupy the same zone as it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonna be getting two of those bad boys for sure. The opportunity is just to good to miss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmb
I think when a 'blip' reveals itself it is a bit random what it is (and how many)

If a blip reveals itself as security forces and it has 'special' then you have the option of introducing some of the oddball models with special rules.

I think the 209 is a special at security level 4, but rather than face 2-3 normal guys you face a single big robot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the latest update:
Quote:
I'll put out an update later tonight that highlights all the cameo characters and their SecFor classification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.