Popular Tags: [View All]
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Spoilers ahead.)

So I'm playing the first Purple Heart scenario (Mission #13), and I'm finding it the least engaging of all Ambush scenarios so far -- to the point that I think I'm missing something. Here's what has happened so far:

I encountered a sentry with two dogs. This was awesome. My crew then went down the right-hand edge of the map, encountered a few Germans in buildings, and dispatched them. Then, as directed, we set about moving leftward and destroying all the buildings... and it was easy. Too easy. We blew up everything in sight with no interference.

I had way more than enough VPs to exit a winner, but I couldn't -- the rules say I had to wait until Condition 3 or 4. After wandering all over the map, I finally found a couple E-boats, which I blew up easily. So now I'm just wandering again.

All this aimless wandering feels unlike Ambush. Before I give up on the mission and just declare a victory, am I missing something? Did I somehow miss a Condition change?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
gatorskin wrote:
After wandering all over the map, I finally found a couple E-boats, which I blew up easily.

Were the E-Boats activated by paragraph 662 [s6]?

The errata at
http://flyhi.de/games/ambush2.html#heart
adds some info:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Your soldier sees two German E-Boats preparing to escape. Activate German 67 in hex G-15 and German 68 in hex F-15. Go to Condition 3 if in Condition 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a significant errata! Thanks, Matt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.