Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
41 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: New Tournament Rules up on FFG site rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
See new rules.
New Scoring system
New initiative system
3 Tiers of play now
All tokens must be placed on your ship
and more

News Post:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4750

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the FAQ was updated.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Escalation Rounds are interesting (50/70/90/120 min rounds). Knowing you might play one of those would dramatically alter the squad you build I would think...

-shnar
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Escalation Squad rules:

"You may not have more than eight small ships of the same ship type(TIE fighter, A-Wing, etc.)in any squad. You may not have more than four large ships of the same ship type in any squad."

Thoughts?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pitsch911 wrote:
Escalation Squad rules:

"You may not have more than eight small ships of the same ship type(TIE fighter, A-Wing, etc.)in any squad. You may not have more than four large ships of the same ship type in any squad."

Thoughts?
I like it. I've never been a fan of the swarm type builds anyways, or anything like "how many falcons can i pack into this list" for that matter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:

Woa, the Faq changed a lot!

-shnar
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pitsch911 wrote:
Escalation Squad rules:

"You may not have more than eight small ships of the same ship type(TIE fighter, A-Wing, etc.)in any squad. You may not have more than four large ships of the same ship type in any squad."

Thoughts?

Whenever we do 150 or 200pt battles, we tend to have this limitation anyways. If makes us think about upgrades and cooler pilots more so than "just as many ships as possible".

Though I suppose at 150, you could still have swarms, such as 8 TIEs and 3 Bombers. Or 8 Z95s and 3 A-Wings.

-shnar
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad they tightened up the "Modified Win" rules. A 12 point spread instead of 33 will allow for more full wins and keep the standings easier to manage. I wish they would have just done away with modified wins all together.

Initiative rule is awesome. So many times I've won initiative and didn't want it or I would have a 99 point list and force 1 more point into it because I didn't want it.

They have strength of schedule as a tie breaker, but frequently there are still ties. They should have kill points listed on there as well. They have no contingency for that possibility. Wow.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see the placing tokens on the ships update -- do you mind citing that page?

Also, having a harder time plowing through the FAQ -- does anything look changed? Obviously nothing is red indicating change, but the layout is completely different.

Don't mind reading it again, but I don't specifically want to if nothing is actually new.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thesmallman wrote:
I don't see the placing tokens on the ships update -- do you mind citing that page?
I second this. Saw no reference to it anywhere although I appreciate it when people do this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry, its in the FAQ, page 5, not in Tourney Rules
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
YAY.. no more setup templates...

I always thought that was cheesy!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they clarified a few things like evade tokens can cancel auto blaster... assuming I read that right.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
YAY.. no more setup templates...

I always thought that was cheesy!


What do you mean? where does it say that?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pitsch911 wrote:
atraangelis wrote:
YAY.. no more setup templates...

I always thought that was cheesy!


What do you mean? where does it say that?


Per FAQ (setup)

Quote:
"Custom "setup" templates designed to aid
players in ship deployment are not allowed."



Players would bring templates to space their ships an exact distance apart and in certain positions from their table edge....

Shenanigans!.. set it up like the rest of us.. If you cant eyeball it properly, too bad.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I see they errata'ed Swarm Tactics to put a "may" in there, so you're no longer required to pass along a lower pilot skill to a higher pilot.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The new FAQ seems to be down atm... the site tells me to type some sort of admin password or something like that. ^.^

EDIT: Leads to a 404 now. Maybe the force was not strong enough with FFGs website. :O
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that the lower point total can choose initiative or not. Makes planning bomber/ordinance squads much more interesting. I can see why they did that with munition failsafe/Headhunters coming out.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
The new FAQ seems to be down atm... the site tells me to type some sort of admin password or something like that. ^.^

EDIT: Leads to a 404 now. Maybe the force was not strong enough with FFGs website. :O


Back up. Looks like there's a 2.0.1 modification made, updating the date from 4/6 to today.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antares CD
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thesmallman wrote:
rashktah wrote:
The new FAQ seems to be down atm... the site tells me to type some sort of admin password or something like that. ^.^

EDIT: Leads to a 404 now. Maybe the force was not strong enough with FFGs website. :O


Back up. Looks like there's a 2.0.1 modification made, updating the date from 4/6 to today.


Anyone find the difference between 2.0 and 2.0.1 yet? I'm still trying to find it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
An interesting change via omission:

Quote:
Ship models may be painted as desired as long as the alterations are not
offensive and do not adversely affect another player’s experience.

Ship bases cannot be modified to alter their size or shape. Weight may be
added to a ship base if it does not alter the shape of the base.


Conversions are GO!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antares CD
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AntaresCD wrote:
thesmallman wrote:
rashktah wrote:
The new FAQ seems to be down atm... the site tells me to type some sort of admin password or something like that. ^.^

EDIT: Leads to a 404 now. Maybe the force was not strong enough with FFGs website. :O


Back up. Looks like there's a 2.0.1 modification made, updating the date from 4/6 to today.


Anyone find the difference between 2.0 and 2.0.1 yet? I'm still trying to find it.


Ah, finally found it (don't know how I missed the red text the first time):
Colonel Jendon's entry changed from:
Quote:
If Colonel Jendon assigns a blue target lock
token to a ship that is already maintaining its
maximum number of target locks, that ship must
discard one of its previously-held target locks.

to:
Quote:
Colonel Jendon may assign 1 of his blue target
lock tokens to a ship that does not have the
target lock action listed in its action bar.


Which is a much better entry as how in the world do you assign a blue target lock token in excess of the maximum when Jendon can only assign to someone without a blue target lock token to begin with. The entry they replaced it with was a question we saw on Jendon (and was in the previous FAQ, wasn't it?).

Edit: Typos...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexis wrote:
An interesting change via omission:

Quote:
Ship models may be painted as desired as long as the alterations are not
offensive and do not adversely affect another player’s experience.

Ship bases cannot be modified to alter their size or shape. Weight may be
added to a ship base if it does not alter the shape of the base.


Conversions are GO!


Hasn't it always been allowed?

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil, the Tusken Tactician
England
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The format for the new FAQ is wonderful. Visually extremely simple, very easy to refer to in the middle of a tournament if someone's being a noob. I'm also very happy with the new tournament rules in terms of 12 points for the win because that's a number that makes sense in terms of ship costs, where 33 was a randomly-decided "a third of your squad."

I'm really happy with these latest updates.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Hexis wrote:
An interesting change via omission:

Quote:
Ship models may be painted as desired as long as the alterations are not
offensive and do not adversely affect another player’s experience.

Ship bases cannot be modified to alter their size or shape. Weight may be
added to a ship base if it does not alter the shape of the base.


Conversions are GO!


Hasn't it always been allowed?

-shnar


No, only repaints. Probably to avoid someone sticking a Tie-Fighter on an Interceptor base and calling it a conversion. ("Totally made from scratch, of course.")
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.