7 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Beginner Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom N
msg tools
mbmb
We played through the game a few times and we found it very easy, so I'm wondering if we're doing some things wrong. No one was even wounded in all three of our games. Here's our questions:

1) If a survivor has a chainsaw and rolls 5 dice, and there are 8 zombies on his space, if he rolls 4 hits, can he assign them to 4 zombies, or all 4 to just one zombie?

2) A survivor has a gun that rolls 6 dice. There are 4 zombies on the adjacent space to the right, and 4 zombies on the adjacent space to the left. With a single attack action, he rolls 5 hits. Could he kill 4 zombies on the space to the right, and 1 on the space to the left with that single action?

3) In one scenario, only one survivor needs to escape. Does that survivor need to have all the items (i.e. bag of rice, canned food and water) needed to win on them? Do you win immediately, or does the survivor with the can of water, for instance, need to survive to the end of the turn?

4) If a building spans multiple tiles, and you open the door, do all the rooms on all tiles spawn?

5) What if there is a building, and the interior is separated by a locked door (so that the interiors of the building are completely cut off from each other)?

6) let's say I have a pistol and a chainsaw equipped and a shotgun in my reserve. Does it take an action to switch weapons?

7) If you have a pistol and a chainsaw... You can't use a single attack action and use both weapons you have unless they both have the duel icon, is that correct?

8) Does the hockey mask need to be equipped to work, or can it be in your reserve? What about the flash light?

9) Do you need to have the axe equipped to break down a door, or does it just have to be on you?

Thanks, guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeromage wrote:
1) If a survivor has a chainsaw and rolls 5 dice, and there are 8 zombies on his space, if he rolls 4 hits, can he assign them to 4 zombies, or all 4 to just one zombie?

4 Zombies.

Zeromage wrote:
2) A survivor has a gun that rolls 6 dice. There are 4 zombies on the adjacent space to the right, and 4 zombies on the adjacent space to the left. With a single attack action, he rolls 5 hits. Could he kill 4 zombies on the space to the right, and 1 on the space to the left with that single action?

No.

Zeromage wrote:
3) In one scenario, only one survivor needs to escape. Does that survivor need to have all the items (i.e. bag of rice, canned food and water) needed to win on them? Do you win immediately, or does the survivor with the can of water, for instance, need to survive to the end of the turn?

Depends on the scenario, but in general, in those scenarios where you need to collect items and then exit the map (such as 01 City Blocks in the main rule book), the item cards must be carried by the Survivors that exit the map.

Zeromage wrote:
4) If a building spans multiple tiles, and you open the door, do all the rooms on all tiles spawn?

Yes.

Zeromage wrote:
5) What if there is a building, and the interior is separated by a locked door (so that the interiors of the building are completely cut off from each other)?

You only spawn the rooms that accessible through open doors or doorways.

Zeromage wrote:
6) let's say I have a pistol and a chainsaw equipped and a shotgun in my reserve. Does it take an action to switch weapons?

If you wish to switch either the Pistol or Chainsaw for the Shotgun, yes.

Zeromage wrote:
7) If you have a pistol and a chainsaw... You can't use a single attack action and use both weapons you have unless they both have the duel icon, is that correct?

Partially correct. They must have the dual-wield icon and be identical weapons.

Zeromage wrote:
8) Does the hockey mask need to be equipped to work, or can it be in your reserve? What about the flash light?

Neither the Goalie Mask nor the Flashlight need to be equipped to work.

Zeromage wrote:
9) Do you need to have the axe equipped to break down a door, or does it just have to be on you?

To use an item to open a door it must be equipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I'm aware:

1. 4 hits
2. Range attacks target a space so you choose where the damage takes place.
3. I think the items have to leave with a survivor.
4. Yes.
5. No. Locked doors create another "building".
6. Yes. Unless you pick up or swap an item then you get a free inventory reorganisation.
7. Yes, duel icon and the weapon is the same.
8. Reserve is fine for both mask and flashlight.
9. It has to be equipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeromage wrote:
We played through the game a few times and we found it very easy, so I'm wondering if we're doing some things wrong. No one was even wounded in all three of our games. Here's our questions:

Yes, each hit is assigned to a different zombie. So one attack with a single weapon can get multiple kills.

Zeromage wrote:

No, only a single space can be targeted, and must be determined before the attack. Only zombies in that space can be hit.

Zeromage wrote:

Scenarios are all dependent on their own rules and wording, but usually if certain items are needed, then they must be on the survivor(s) that escaped.

Zeromage wrote:

Yes, all rooms that are not separated by doors will spawn.

Zeromage wrote:

Separate interiors will spawn separately.

Zeromage wrote:

Yes, one action to rearrange your inventory.

Zeromage wrote:

Correct. Not only must they have a duel icon, but they must have the SAME duel icon. Even though a pistol and machete can both be duel wielded, they cannot be duel wielded together.

Zeromage wrote:

Only weapons need to be equipped to use. Other items like these work in your reserve.

Zeromage wrote:

Thanks, guys.

Axe must be equipped to break down door (still counts as a weapon, which must be equipped).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeromage wrote:

Thanks, guys.

1. Each hit it assigned to and kills an individual zombie. So 4 hits equals 4 dead zombies....assuming the damage of the weapon is high enough to kill the type of zombie.

2. All shots for a gun or duel wielded guns need to target one zone. The trick shot ability lets you target multiple zones, though I've never played a game where that ability is used, so I'm not sure if you have to designate dice to the zone prior to rolling them.

3. I'm not sure which mission you're talking about, but in general if the victory condition includes items and exiting, the survivors who exit need to have those items on them. If a survivor dies while holding onto a food item, that item is lost and no longer counts towards the victory.

4. When you open a door, each connected room spawns, even across multiple tiles. Unless

5. Rooms are that are blocked off by internal doors as outlined in the mission don't spawn until that internal door is opened.

6. It takes an action to switch items from reserve to in hand. However, when you search and find a new item, you can freely rearrange your items when putting that card onto your character dashboard.

7. Correct, you can only attack with one weapon at a time, unless you are attacking with two weapons that share the same matching weapon icon...i.e. two pistols.

8. Hockey mask and flashlight work from your reserve.

9. Door opening items need to be equipped in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, ninja'd several times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom N
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks, guys. The BGG community is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.