flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo
Scheme: Transform Citizens Into Demons
Mastermind: Loki
Henchmen: Phalanx
Villain(s): Marauders
Heroes: Invisible Woman / Domino / Iceman
Special Rules: Advanced Solo Mode + Plot Upon Plot (i.e. Upon resolving a Scheme Twist, draw another card)

If you get to try it, and defeat Loki, see how you scored:

66 Points or higher – Better than Excellent.

56-65 Points – Excellent Job. Go have a Shawarma.

46-55 Points – Yay.

45 Points or less – Perhaps you should try out the DC Deckbuilder?

Previous challenges:
#1 Magneto's Force Field
#2 Mysterio's Plutonium Problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Edens
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
First attempt I got 40 points. Ok, I am wanting clarification because I ended up having like 23 bystanders stacked up making Jean Grey in some instances a 28 fight. I assume that is correct but the added Plot on Plot aspect made this one just a beat Loki before too many Jean's come up because she was never going to get beaten in the city. Also, is the max number of bystanders in the game supposed to be 30 or do you just add all the dark city ones also? I wonder because maybe I could have rescued the stack before the schemes with Invisible Woman. Not sure though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Eric - thanks for trying it out! There is definitely a fine balance in this one between whittling down the Goblin stack vs. attacking the villains/Loki. It's tempting to disregard the stack and just fight villains/Loki when there are no Jeans in the City - only to get a bad run of them when the stack is high.

My wins were attacking goblins/Jean as quickly as possible before even thinking about Loki (unless he was down to his last hit or something).

Without Plot Upon Plot the game is very long (an extra 14 turns compared to normal because of the Jean Grey/Goblin Queen cards added to villain deck) and the Hero card combos are very powerful. So I was easily beating Loki with several turn left in the game; Plot Upon Plot makes it more of a nailbiter.

I always add all the special bystanders when playing scenarios that use expansion cards (so 41 total I believe). I think that's conventional, though might need to be specified for schemes that are bystander heavy like this. Yes, I used all 41 when playtesting this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Muñoz Lozano
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Niceee challenge!!

83 points with a drawing combo of ranged cards + 4 of a kind does the magic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Niceee score! Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
82 points with 4 twists, 1 villain, and 1 bystander escape. Thanks for the challenge! I really like the Transform Citizens into Demons scheme and Iceman ramps up really nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was it 82 point before or after subtracting for scheme twists et.al? Nice score either way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
82 after all the subtractions. After finishing, I looked at the villain deck and had finished just in the nick of time before 3 back-to-back scheme twists!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.