Recommend
13 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Android] Carcassonne included in latest Humble Bundle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcassonne for Android is included in the new Humble Mobile Bundle 5. I already purchased this awhile ago and it plays very well, especially on a tablet. Here you can get it for about the same price but with several other games included:

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Edit: Note that Carc is one of the premium games in the bundle, so you need to donate above the current average (usually $4-5) in order to get it.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeTuna wrote:
Carcassonne for Android is included in the new Humble Mobile Bundle 5. I already purchased this awhile ago and it plays very well, especially on a tablet. Here you can get it for about the same price but with several other games included:

https://www.humblebundle.com/


This would be a good deal if I didn't already have Carc and Bag It! (great game by the way). I've never used that site before or heard of it. Do the apps get updates?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Daigle
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike, you always know how to get me to spend my money.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Demon Jim wrote:
This would be a good deal if I didn't already have Carc and Bag It! (great game by the way). I've never used that site before or heard of it. Do the apps get updates?


I've done a few humble bundles and they're usually a great deal and a fantastic way to try out several games while helping charity. I always donate above the average which seems to be the best bang for the buck unless you want to do $.01 or something. The current bundle is usually available to purchase for a few weeks and they typically include a few more games at the "above the average" level as it progresses. Once you buy the bundle, the best way, in my opinion, to get them on your device is to just get the Humble app from Google Play and sync it up to your Humble account, then you can see everything available to you and download it through there. Once you have the apps, they behave just as if you installed them normally, so yes, you can update them.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hagaf22 wrote:
Thanks Mike, you always know how to get me to spend my money.


As my old pappy used to say, "A fellow Tucson gamer and his money are soon parted."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Demon Jim wrote:
MikeTuna wrote:
Carcassonne for Android is included in the new Humble Mobile Bundle 5. I already purchased this awhile ago and it plays very well, especially on a tablet. Here you can get it for about the same price but with several other games included:

https://www.humblebundle.com/


This would be a good deal if I didn't already have Carc and Bag It! (great game by the way). I've never used that site before or heard of it. Do the apps get updates?


Humble Bundle is fantastic. The apps are sometimes gimped versions, but usually the same version everybody else is playing. They do get updates, in my experience. Now what can you tell me about Bag It!?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Harrison
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only weird thing is they don't get updates through Google play. The updates come through the humble bundle app and I think you have to manually initiate the update.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Shanmugasundaram
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The three best deal management mechanisms I know of for Android devices are:
app-sales.net (there's also an App Sales app with alerts for your device's notifications bar)
humble bundle
amazon free app of the day

I gave up on the Amazon free app of the day. I'm always tuned in to HB and appsales.

HB tends to avoid scammy and in-app purchase type games when they put their bundles together -- I buy on principle and donate most of my contribution to charity.

App-sales flags some of the best deals on the Market.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
Demon Jim wrote:
MikeTuna wrote:
Carcassonne for Android is included in the new Humble Mobile Bundle 5. I already purchased this awhile ago and it plays very well, especially on a tablet. Here you can get it for about the same price but with several other games included:

https://www.humblebundle.com/


This would be a good deal if I didn't already have Carc and Bag It! (great game by the way). I've never used that site before or heard of it. Do the apps get updates?


Humble Bundle is fantastic. The apps are sometimes gimped versions, but usually the same version everybody else is playing. They do get updates, in my experience. Now what can you tell me about Bag It!?


Bag It is a puzzle game about bagging groceries. Think a Tetris style on crack. Along with this are different types of puzzles in which to play. One of them is simply destroying groceries by poorly packing your bag. The soda bottles explode if it shakes to much, and the eggs break with little pressure. Most items have there own unique way of how they can mess you up, unless its destruction, in that case it all helps. It's an odd concept that really works.
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich steed
United Kingdom
Stoke-On-Trent
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also you get 'The Room 2' - utterly amazing puzzle game with a touch of lovecraftian horror thrown in
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruthy Toothy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I picked this HB up myself and am loving it, except for one thing - there are basically no instructions for Carc! I've just posted this thread asking for help with the scoring, particularly wrt farms/fields, but figured other buyers of the HB may well have already worked this one out for themselves and could help me out?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rockets
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ruthytoothy wrote:
I picked this HB up myself and am loving it, except for one thing - there are basically no instructions for Carc! I've just posted this thread asking for help with the scoring, particularly wrt farms/fields, but figured other buyers of the HB may well have already worked this one out for themselves and could help me out?


Try this out!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/3075/carcassonne/how-to-p...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.