15 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Inside job rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing at a tournament and my opponent was criminal and he used an inside job on a server that was two ice deep. the first i was unable to rez and he said he could still bypass the second one because of the card.

I was not sure about this ruling because I compare inside job to Kits ability. I have seen corp use uninstalled ice to block my ability and I always assumed that since I cannot jump over uninstalled ice and count the second then you cannot do the same with inside job. Am I mistaken?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inside Job bypasses the first piece of ICE the runner encounters. If you don't rez a piece of ICE, the runner doesn't encounter it. So he was entirely correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just my very inexperienced thoughts on this.. Unrezzed ice pretty much isn't there. So if the first ice isn't rezzed, it doesn't affect the run in any way, the runner doesn't interact with it in any way, and so the cards allowing the runner to bypass ice don't interact with it in any way either. I would say that the second ice would be able to be bypassed, because the first is a dormant program, not affected or interacted with at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so does this also apply to kits ability as well?

in my previous scenario replace inside job with kit. Does it still work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gawbo005 wrote:

Inside Job is about the worst card to go with kit's ability, because when Kit runs into the first piece of ICE, it turns into a code gate. Then Inside Job bypasses it. Then Kit has to face the next one without her code gate ability.

If you're going to use Inside Job with Kit, know that they don't "combo".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I eat tables is correct. As the timing chart clearly shows, ICE is not encountered unless it is rezzed. No further discussion required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
gawbo005 wrote:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/13189650#13189650

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
gawbo005 wrote:

Inside Job is about the worst card to go with kit's ability, because when Kit runs into the first piece of ICE, it turns into a code gate. Then Inside Job bypasses it. Then Kit has to face the next one without her code gate ability.

sorry I more ment does kits ability work in a similar way like inside job. For example if the corp decides not to rez the piece of ice does that mean the next rezed ice turn into a code gate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
gawbo005 wrote:

Not what he's asking.

If you pass an unrezzed ICE with Kit, ignore it. The first ICE encountered becomes a code gate, and you only encounter rezzed ICE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He said to replace Inside Job with Kit's ability, not combine. But the same is still true. Kit's ability triggers on Encounter. You do not encounter unreeled ice. So if you run on a server with 2 ice, and the corp does not rez the first piece of ice, it is never encountered. The 2nd piece of ice when razzed is the first piece of ice she encountered, and is turned into a code gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taloncarde wrote:
He said to replace Inside Job with Kit's ability, not combine. But the same is still true. Kit's ability triggers on Encounter. You do not encounter unreeled ice. So if you run on a server with 2 ice, and the corp does not rez the first piece of ice, it is never encountered. The 2nd piece of ice when razzed is the first piece of ice she encountered, and is turned into a code gate.

Thank you, I must now go on an epic quest to correct my local gaming groups error on Kit. Tally ho and wish me luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus MacDonald
msg tools
The op never mentioned comboing Inside Job with Kit nor did he ask for rulings on it. He asked does the same principle apply to kit! Anyway to answer the question the same principle does apply. Kit reads The first piece of ice you encounter each turn gains code gate until the end of the run. The key word is encounter and as you don't encounter unrezzed ice the ability doesn't fire when you pass it.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell them to read the card, and read the rules. Kit clearly says encounter.

Refer to the latest faqs for better detailed run timing structures, but from the rules

Quote:
If the approached piece of ice is rezzed after the Corporation has the opportunity to rez cards, then the Runner encounters it.

So if the ice is un-rezzzed, it is not encountered. Kit's card says

Quote:
The first piece of ice you encounter each turn gains code gate until the end of the run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, you may eat me if you'd like
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Sorry, you may eat me if you'd like

LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.