Popular Tags: [View All]
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Be prepared to shift your tactics in the heat of the moment with the help of the new FAQ (pdf, 9.8 MB) and Tournament Rules (pdf, 7.8 MB).

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4752
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
A couple of quick notes:

- The tournament rules mention that mirror matches will happen (in fact, the wording of the paragraph implies that no attempt will be made to prevent them from happening), and for players to be prepared to mark the edges of their disks for identification. That blows on multiple levels, but it can't be helped. I guess stickers would be the least permanent way of marking?

- Tournament setup will only feature one of each kind of scenario, deployment and terrain card per player, so if you own 3+ sets, or just 1, make sure to consider that when training for competitive play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterpotamus wrote:
The tournament rules mention that mirror matches will happen (in fact, the wording of the paragraph implies that no attempt will be made to prevent them from happening), and for players to be prepared to mark the edges of their disks for identification. That blows on multiple levels, but it can't be helped. I guess stickers would be the least permanent way of marking?

Wouldn't the Post-It Flags be a sufficient temporary method for marking sides?

http://www.post-it.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/PostItNA/Home/Pro...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
peterpotamus wrote:
The tournament rules mention that mirror matches will happen (in fact, the wording of the paragraph implies that no attempt will be made to prevent them from happening), and for players to be prepared to mark the edges of their disks for identification. That blows on multiple levels, but it can't be helped. I guess stickers would be the least permanent way of marking?

Wouldn't the Post-It Flags be a sufficient temporary method for marking sides?

http://www.post-it.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/PostItNA/Home/Pro...

Mirror matches are fine with me, and they'll actually happen far less than in X-Wing, which has tons of mirror matches. I might actually use the X-Wing numbering tokens to distinguish my units if that ever comes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McGrady
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
My big surprise from the FAQ was that Ranged Crit Hits give Activation markers to the target even if the target is Immune to the damage type.

In general I'm well pleased that they've finally released Tourney Rules and a FAQ. I'm also looking forward to the next announcement regarding the upcoming expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mordante Mordante
msg tools
Wish they would have explained the whole scrum thing more carefully again as just when I thought I understood it I'm thinking I haven't after last nights gane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
So you can use the battle ability only before you start activating... Bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
thegrinder wrote:

The rulebook states that you can use a battle ability whenever, before or after any activation, and nothing in the FAQ contradicts that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wayne bridge wrote:
Wish they would have explained the whole scrum thing more carefully again as just when I thought I understood it I'm thinking I haven't after last nights gane.

Are you still unsure about scrums? Elaborate, please. This is exactly the place to get it straightened out for ya.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
peterpotamus wrote:
thegrinder wrote:

The rulebook states that you can use a battle ability whenever, before or after any activation, and nothing in the FAQ contradicts that.

From the FAQ document

Quote:
Resolving Command Cards
A player resolves his command card by doing the following (not
in order):
• Applying the effects of that card’s passive ability, if any.
• Deciding to use that card’s battle ability, if any.
• Using all of that card’s activation value to activate disks, if able.

To me it sounds like you have to resolve the battle ability before using the card's activations...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Mathes
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

To me it sounds like you have to resolve the battle ability before using the card's activations...

Keep in mind it says "Not in order":

Quote:
in order)
:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Yagami 225 wrote:
Quote:

Keep in mind it says "Not in order":

Quote:
in order)
:

My bad, thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hernandez
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC60jOuYKt-7X3Jk2QR7N94A
badge
Cards and Cardboard (CnC) Reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
You know what would be a really great solution to two problems some people have with diskwars? Make some rubber colored disk rings that fit closely to the edges of the disk. Not only would this help identify the disks, but would also help with those who play on surfaces that are not textured or felted.

I know it is a bit Heroclicksy, but this would actually be a sensible solution, given if the edges of the disk were not extended much further than the printed disk. Not to mention it works for both sides of the disk, so you don’t have to mark it permanently or possibly scratch it with a sticker removal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding setup cards, it says you can only use one of each, but do you *have* to use all of them? Or can you customize your setup options as you like? If you have some expansions, must you use the setup cards in those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Brodnica
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Huh... Now, how to understand Pinning section of the FAQ?

Disks can be placed in such way that section 7 is empty. The question is - is the top disk pinning the bottom disk? Now I do not know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ-
Pinning
"A disk that is overlapping another disk is pinning that disk if there is no intervening disk between them, even if there is no physical contact between the surfaces of the two disks."
The last part of that statement I think is to clarify that tokens cannot prohibit pinning. But the first part clarifies that a disk does NOT pin a disk if there is a disk in between. So A (top disk) would not pin C (bottom disk). A does pin B (middle disk) and B does pin C.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Zeromus wrote:
Regarding setup cards, it says you can only use one of each, but do you *have* to use all of them? Or can you customize your setup options as you like? If you have some expansions, must you use the setup cards in those?

I would also like to know. I guess we should wait until the expansions are out to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mordante Mordante
msg tools
tigbun wrote:
You know what would be a really great solution to two problems some people have with diskwars? Make some rubber colored disk rings that fit closely to the edges of the disk. Not only would this help identify the disks, but would also help with those who play on surfaces that are not textured or felted.

I know it is a bit Heroclicksy, but this would actually be a sensible solution, given if the edges of the disk were not extended much further than the printed disk. Not to mention it works for both sides of the disk, so you don’t have to mark it permanently or possibly scratch it with a sticker removal.

This would be a great idea....I've just thought of rubber bands as I type this from my bed so haven't even gone through even possible, I know there lots of different size ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
tigbun wrote:

+1. I would definitely buy those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
In the Rules of Play Clarifications section it indicates that if a player is ever unable to deploy one of his heroes, he must reinforce it during the first round or move it to his casualty pile at the end of that round. I have not yet played the game yet, so maybe I am missing something, but how is it possible that a player could not be able to deploy one of his heroes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MechaBri Zilla
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brigade wrote:
In the Rules of Play Clarifications section it indicates that if a player is ever unable to deploy one of his heroes, he must reinforce it during the first round or move it to his casualty pile at the end of that round. I have not yet played the game yet, so maybe I am missing something, but how is it possible that a player could not be able to deploy one of his heroes?

I thought the same thing. I have no idea how it's possible. My guess is that they were mainly covering their bases.

EDIT:

Could also be that something in the expansions might cause this to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.