The Dark Valley» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick Question: Fortified Zones rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Loken
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are Fortified Zones on the map treated identically to Forts for all respects (thus forts, weak forts, defensive works, and fortified zones are the same except for specific noted differences)? That is, a defender can ignore a DR or DR* retreat, and that when occupied by an enemy unit they are destroyed?

I think they are, but the wording is a little vague so I figured it best to get a clarification.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted raicer
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
No! Only forts and weak forts effect retreats. And defensive works are (unlike forts and weak forts and fortified zones) are never eliminated.

Ted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Loken
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah... so this is why I ask these things.
Looking again I see that 'only' about the Forts and retreats.

So to be clear then:
Forts - may ignore retreats in DR and DR* results, defender doubled on defense, no effect on movement, and the Fort is destroyed if captured

Weak Fort - may ignore retreats in DR and DR* results, no effect on movement, and the Weak Fort is destroyed if captured

Fortified Zones - One shift in defenders favour on defense, +2 MP to enter by Axis, and the Fortified Zone is destroyed if captured (after the capturing unit has spent the extra 2 MP to move in I would assume)

Defensive Works - +1 CF (total) for Soviets defensing in the zone, no effect on movement, and are NOT destroyed if captured.

All except Fortified Zones have their own bombardment defensive rating which ignores the bombardment defense rating of other terrain unless destroyed.

Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted raicer
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
You got it!

Ted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Loken
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Melchiori
Italy
Vigarano Pieve
FE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kato42 wrote:

Fortified Zones - One shift in defenders favour on defense, +2 MP to enter by Axis, and the Fortified Zone is destroyed if captured (after the capturing unit has spent the extra 2 MP to move in I would assume)

But if an axis unit attack a fortified zone and defending units are eliminated, the attacking unit can destroy the fortified zone and advance without a +2 extra MP (On advance units do not expend MPs)? correct?
The fortified zone is destroyed also if previous defending units are retreated and not eliminated?
Last question: Also the fortified zone should be marked with 'fort destroyed' marker ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.