Subject: Gust rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Cooper
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a dragon uses gust, am I to understand that it essentially eliminates any spells that resulted from red scroll dice and those spells may not be recovered during the re-roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Coates
United States
Payson
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
Correct. Since the spells have been removed, they may be cast again. However, you will need a new scroll!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lawrence
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mb
On a similar note for Gust, if you have the epic spear then you can only Gust once in combat, correct? But any other dice abilities that come up on the re-roll (like Fire Shield) are able to still be used again, even if they were used in the pre-Gust? That's how we played it when it came up last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct! All dice abilities may be re-used during the 2nd ability. It's as if the previous combat never occurred (except that red dice are gone).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since my question has to do with Gust I'll ask it here.

My wife was dual-wielding whips and she was facing a lvl 2 Bat. She rolled two whips and the Bat lost its two strength dice. I activated the Gust ability, but it was unclear if the Bat would get to roll its two dice again since the whip ability removes the dice from combat. Does Gust, in short, re-initiate the combat from the start? Or would it only continue the combat with the dice that haven't been removed from combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hatchhermit wrote:
Since my question has to do with Gust I'll ask it here.

My wife was dual-wielding whips and she was facing a lvl 2 Bat. She rolled two whips and the Bat lost its two strength dice. I activated the Gust ability, but it was unclear if the Bat would get to roll its two dice again since the whip ability removes the dice from combat. Does Gust, in short, re-initiate the combat from the start? Or would it only continue the combat with the dice that haven't been removed from combat?

It reinitiates the fight from the beginning. You might get lucky enough to successfully reroll the two whips, but the bat rolls both dice until such time as you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.