Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently have everything from the Ambasadors Kisckstarter, so I have everything released up to this point.

I am torn because on one hand I want to rebuy it so I can have the color blind friendly version, even though I don't know anyone colorblind so everything matches going foward. But $100 is a lot to buy a game again that you already have, especially when I probably won't be able to resell what I have now for that much. I also will not be stickering it.

I ask the collective, what would you do?

Poll
What should I do?
Rebuy and sell/trade the one I have.
Keep what I have and just add to it. It is not a big deal.
Other (please explain)
      52 answers
Poll created by Bruiser419

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hudson
United States
Jonesboro
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is probably a bigger market for the current version than you think. There are a lot of guys who don't care which version as long as it plays the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you should also add, wait for stronghold release and see what i should do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambassadors I believe is already color-blind friendly. You should only need to replace the base game if that is your concern. Just find a card from Ambassadors that references a specific color and see if it has a letter inside the symbol. I could be wrong, but I thought it was only the first printing of the base set that had that problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmyhudson wrote:
There is probably a bigger market for the current version than you think. There are a lot of guys who don't care which version as long as it plays the same.

Yah, but the other thing is I wouldn't sell it until I got the new version, and by then there will be a flood of them probably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Ambassadors I believe is already color-blind friendly. You should only need to replace the base game if that is your concern. Just find a card from Ambassadors that references a specific color and see if it has a letter inside the symbol. I could be wrong, but I thought it was only the first printing of the base set that had that problem.

You're right. Just looked at my Ambassadors stuff and they seemed to all have the letters. Defintely replace that.

Is the Stronghold version supposed to come out the same time as the KS copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep/Other.

Afaik, the only colour-blind 'non-friendly' bits are that in some ability text the circle doesn't have the letter within it, this can easily be corrected with a pen, just go through the Handful of cards lacking it and write 'R', 'M', etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're actually putting out stickers for that, but yes, this is the only color blind issue, and it affects maybe 10 Different types of cards (most of which have multiple copies, but a cheat sheet for instance would be very short).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Hayward
Japan
Koto-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All these campaigns, exclusives and editions are sooooo confusing! Lucky the game is worth it. (^w^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
Keep/Other.

Afaik, the only colour-blind 'non-friendly' bits are that in some ability text the circle doesn't have the letter within it, this can easily be corrected with a pen, just go through the Handful of cards lacking it and write 'R', 'M', etc

I thought of that, but between my handwriting and the size I'd have to write it, probably not going to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
They're actually putting out stickers for that, but yes, this is the only color blind issue, and it affects maybe 10 Different types of cards (most of which have multiple copies, but a cheat sheet for instance would be very short).

Yah, but I think it's going to be real hard to line them just right.

I've pretty sure I'm going to buy another one, and I'll give whoever I sell mine to the stickers to let them deal with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.