Cataclysm x3
Sorreah’s Dream x3
Shooting Star x1
Crushing Winds x3
Jet Stream x3
Trade Winds x3

Total: 40

Strategy:

You always want to second with this deck, or kill the opponents 1st Magi with your 1st Magi. This is important.

(E: X) refers to your Magi’s energy at the beginning/end of the turn in the best-case scenario.

Delia (E: 18): is the “draw engine” of this deck (since MND doesn’t have a hand limit, I always use the 1st Magi to draw as many cards as I can, and Delia excels at this). First play a Vellup, search for another Vellup and play it to search for your third Vellup. Play your 3rd Vellup and search for your 1st Elder Vellup. Play that and grab any other creature (depends heavily on your opponents strategy). Play Shooting Star (it’s only there because she starts with it) to raise a creature’s energy (preferably your Elder Vellup as you want regular Vellups to die ASAP). You’re pretty well set up and can defend for several turns. All Vellups come into play at +1 due to Delia’s effect “Strengthen;” you now have 17 energy worth of creatures in play for 12 energy off your Magi (E: 6).
On sequential turns you want to attack something to KO one of your Vellups (situational, I know) so you can get it back to your hand with “Recurring Dreams” and play it on subsequent turns.
The goal with Delia is to just last as long as possible while using Vellups to thin out the deck so you can get what you need for Sorreah and Kalius. If you get a Vellup back in your hand, play it and search for another Elder Vellup to search for other creatures. Use Trade Winds and Crushing Winds as soon as you draw them to in turn draw more cards. Rinse/repeat until she’s dead. Note that you must take out your opponents 1st Magi with Delia, which is not hard (I’ve played this deck a lot vs. every other region).

Sorreah (E: 18): Play Cataclysm immediately. This will wipe the whole field clean of any creatures/spells/relics your opponent has. Play Storm Ring*. Your next move is heavily dependent on how much energy your opponent has (E: 8).

Aerial Flist (3 or 4): adds one energy to itself as it attacks and can be “dream warped” in at +1, so it’ll attack for 4 or 5 (5 or 6 with Storm Ring).

Ayebaw (5): can attack twice and remove 10 energy at the very least; this can be raised with other cards.

Flying Darbok (3): Jet Stream this in alongside whatever other creature you used Warrior’s Boots or Jet Stream to get on the field and use its power to add 4 energy to it, 5 if you go with WB. Ayebaw, if Jet Streamed in alongside FD will have 6, attacking for 12. If Ayebaw is WBd in alongside FD it will have 10, attacking for 20, leaving Sorreah at 0 (which honestly does not matter).

Xyx (3): Play this normally (skipping your attack step) and use Sorreah’s Dream (3) to remove 4 energy from the opposing Magi, then use Xyx’s power to remove 4 more.**

*You can use Warrior’s Boots or Jet Stream to get these in before your attack step so that they can hit the opposing Magi on this turn and activate Storm Ring.

**Does not require Storm Ring or Warrior's Boots so save them.

Figuring out what you need to do is so dependent on what your opponent has on the field that it’s hard to explain what this deck does, but I hope I gave you enough of an idea that you can see all of the combinations.

Kalius (E: 16): Cataclysm. Same strategy as above but you have the added benefit of using Windspawn, which costs 1 and brings in a creature with 2 E and can be copied with Soreah’s Dream. Another important point to note is that you must end with at least 1 energy on Kalius as Windspawn dictates that all creatures played with it are discarded at the end of the turn, so if you kill them and have 0 energy that match is a tie, whereas if you leave yourself at 1 you win.

The basic idea is that since you go 2nd, your opponent will already have their side of the field set up and be completely disrupted by Cataclysm, which leaves their Magi completely open. There are enough options to hit the opposing Magi incredibly hard the same turn you use Cataclysm that you’re almost guaranteed to kill them so long as they don’t, for some reason, have a ridiculous amount of energy (this really shouldn’t happen as you’re only giving them one turn). At most they should have their starting energy + energize - whatever they played. Since you go 2nd you’ll either have an incredibly weakened Magi that they’ll kill so you can start all over. I’ve played this deck tons and I mostly win with Kalius at 1.

There is room to play around with the strategy, Cry of Thunder could be useful, but this is my build. Comments are welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
hunh, no shockwave or Storm Cloud? I suppose that you might not need them if you have Crushing Winds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Nonyobusiness
msg tools
marhawkman wrote:
hunh, no shockwave or Storm Cloud? I suppose that you might not need them if you have Crushing Winds.

You don't need them as Cataclysm kills everything but Magi. You use the other tools in this deck to deal with the remaining energy the lone Magi has. Crushing Winds will never be played by Sorreah or Kalius. Delia uses it to draw more cards if she can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my arderial deck only has one Cataclysm simply because I only own one, so yeah.... I can see that. I like how Storm Cloud gets around the unkillables. It changes their energy to 1, so it works on things like Collosus, and I think Cawh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Hesh
United States
flag msg tools
Hey, I was wondering why you are using Kalius over Ora? I use basically the standard aggressive delia>ora>sorreah, swarm with the vellups, obliterate with the xyz, then blow everything up with sorreah if it comes down to that. Just curious as to why you went the route you did

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing it has something to do with his spell choices. It seems that he's trying to use board wipes as often as possible. Is Kalius the one that locks out starting cards? or is that one of the Harrors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Hesh
United States
flag msg tools
marhawkman wrote:
I'm guessing it has something to do with his spell choices. It seems that he's trying to use board wipes as often as possible. Is Kalius the one that locks out starting cards? or is that one of the Harrors?

you are thinking of nightstalker (harror) honestly, going overboard with cataclysm is going to leave you crippled, against a few regions (like kybar or arderial itself) to be honest, throwing around 10 energy to take out 2 monsters is really poor energy management. it can work for stuff like weave or naroom that tend to swarm really hard/fast and with magi like delia, but a lot of of regions tend to play conservatively, especially against arderial players. (precisely because of cataclysm) its kind of bad to be relying on your opponent to be playing badly for your deck to work or to be playing anything other than kybar/nar/cald/arderial/rayje decks.

Also I feel his combo with kalius is kinda inconsistant. You can only use his power to drop one creature, even if its awebaw thats still only 4 energy, and depending on having sorreah and two awebaws and having your opponent on their third magi is asking a lot, and it leaves you so very vulnarble after cataclysm in with that, leaving you with one energy and no defense. thats like almost a guaranteed win for all cald players, that don't even fear cataclysm in the first place

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, ok that makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.