Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm just a very visual person. For some reason, when I look at these puzzles, I start putting the pieces in place, and it all comes together pretty quickly. I still have fun completing the puzzle; it just doesn't take me very long... Except for the times when I have to use the dreaded fuschia-colored F piece. I'm not sure why this piece, and only this piece, is difficult for my mind to plug into the puzzles, but I noticed the other night that I always end up arranging those puzzles a million times.

Now that we know, my husband and I are actually both happy, though for me it's sort of sportingly bittersweet, when the F piece comes up, because we know it will take me a lot longer to solve the puzzle. He's good at the puzzles on his own, but when he has to race me, he can't really compete so well because, apparently, this is my superpower. (Please note, ever since I was a little kid, I have been answering the, "What would your superpower be?" question, and this has never been my answer. It's just neither terribly practical or nor terribly cool.) The F piece is my kryptonite, and it's what keeps the game going, so I don't win too quickly. That having been said, playing to 5 points got a little silly, so now we just play through the full set of A-side puzzles, regardless of score. We haven't gone to the B-sides yet. This works for us because we're not terribly competitive when we play 2-player games, usually. It wouldn't work for everyone.

Note: Subsequent to our last time playing together, we have both used this game as a solo game, as well. Neither of us uses a timer, though you absolutely could, to increase the challenge level. I just get out the puzzles and roll the die to choose my pieces, and arrange them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.