Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Day
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there an explanation for the response options available in the forums. For example: reply, quote, quick quote, item comment, etc. I have a hard time getting a post where I want it sometimes. (Dumb question, I know.)

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reply and Quote give you a few more options than the Quick versions, but all of them will put your response in the same place - right below the post you are replying to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
glsonn wrote:
right below the post you are replying to.

To clarify, answers go at the end of the thread, by order submitted, which is why quoting can help, to show the thing to which you were responding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QuickReply & QuickQuote brings up a popup area on the same page right below the message where you clicked on the response. This is is faster ("quicker") if you want to just type up a short response since you're not loading up a new page for the response. It's also helpful if you want to see the other messages on the page while your typing.

Reply & Quote forwards you to a completely new page for you to enter the response. This is more useful for longer responses since you can preview your message before submitting it.

QuickReply & Reply gives you a blank response textbox to type in.
QuickQuoute & Quote inserts into your response the previous message in quotes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
secoAce wrote:
Reply & Quote forwards you to a completely new page for you to enter the response. This is more useful for longer responses since you can preview your message before submitting it.

I don't know about that; I have and use the preview button with QuickReply/QuickQuote as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
louper wrote:
TheNameWasTaken wrote:
secoAce wrote:

I don't know about that; I have and use the preview button with QuickReply/QuickQuote as well.

Correct.

I've never seen a use for the regular Reply/Quote options.

I like a fresh page!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
louper wrote:
TheNameWasTaken wrote:
secoAce wrote:

Correct.

I've never seen a use for the regular Reply/Quote options.

It can be useful if you want to make a post that quotes and responds to several earlier posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.