Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

could we please have chickens for Christmas this year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
So baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sue!!

laughlaughlaugh

Joose wrote:

Well it certainly is an option... I will take it under advisement. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
So baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Don't goat there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Meerkat wrote:
Thanks Sue!!

laughlaughlaugh

Joose wrote:

You're so going to get me for this at BGG Con. I'll play you at Torres? That should teach me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
Thanks Sue!!

laughlaughlaugh

Joose wrote:

You're so going to get me for this at BGG Con. I'll play you at Torres? That should teach me.

Do NOT play Torres with Lynette. My self-esteem has yet to recover. It's worse than playing BJ in Agricola.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Real Goat of All Goats

Billy Goat Gruff says: "If ya really wanted to get Meerkat's goat, just depict her hero, Franklin Graham -- that son of a Billy -- the way he comes across to most decent folks today, horns and all, with his anti-gay bleatings."

Suggested Reading

North Carolina ABC News Station Channel 13's Interview with Franklin Graham
http://www.wlos.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories...

Where Franklin Graham Has Gone Wrong
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/philosophicalfragments/2014/03/...

NRA Picks Reverend Who Blamed Sandy Hook, NJ Shooting On "Secularism" To Keynote Prayer Breakfast
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/04/08/nra-picks-reverend-w...

World Vision’s Flip-Flop on Hiring Married Gays Shows a Stunning Lack of Foresight
https://philanthropy.com/article/World-Vision-s/14564

The White Evangelical Army Of Hate Is Hurting People And Redefining Christianity
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2014/03/28/the-whit...

World Vision’s Gay Marriage Flip-Flop Reflects Evangelical Angst As Culture Shifts
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/analysis-wor...

Franklin Graham’s Hateful Lies And Opportunism Winning Huzzahs From White Evangelicals
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2014/03/27/franklin...

ABC's Easter Sunday edition of "This Week" news discussion show features a special panel which examines the influence of the Religious Right in politics. Among those anticipated to appear on the show include the Rev. Franklin Graham, president & CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association; Dr. Russell Moore, president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission; Ralph Reed, chairman of the Faith & Freedom Coalition and author of the new book, “Awakening”; and ABC News’ Cokie Roberts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Billy Goat Gruff says: [i]"If ya really wanted to get Meerkat's goat, just depict her hero, Franklin Graham -- that son of a Billy -- the way he comes across to most decent folks today, horns and all, with his anti-gay bleatings."

James, please fuck off. You are a gigantic creep with this stalking of a very compassionate individual in this forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Billy Goat Gruff says: "If ya really wanted to get Meerkat's goat, just depict her hero, Franklin Graham -- that son of a Billy -- the way he comes across to most decent folks today, horns and all, with his anti-gay bleatings."

James, please fuck off. You are a gigantic creep with this stalking of a very compassionate individual in this forum.

Would this "compassionate individual" by the same one who made all those not-so-compassionate statements in the Arizona discrimination law and other related threads defending the not-so-compassionate homophobic likes of the not-so-compassionate Tony Perkins and the Family Research Council, the not-so-compassionate James Dobson and Focus on the Family, and the not-so-compassionate Franklin Graham?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

utoption2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Would this "compassionate individual" by the same one who made all those not-so-compassionate statements in the Arizona discrimination law and other related threads defending the not-so-compassionate homophobic likes of the not-so-compassionate Tony Perkins and the Family Research Council, the not-so-compassionate James Dobson and Focus on the Family, and the not-so-compassionate Franklin Graham?

James, you can stalk me instead of Meerkat. I, too, am a Christian. However, I probably won't give you a hard on.

Phony baloney! The fact that one's unretracted words and statements follow him/her in the RSP foum no matter where he/she may post is a fact of life. No' "stalking" about it.

The goat motif originates from Meerkat's having gone through Franklin Graham's "Samaritan's Purse" (i.e. also known as the televangelist enrichment fund for building oneself a stately mansion in the mountains of North Carolina) as a "present" supposedly made in honor of us of RSP. Graham had such a godawful controversy not too long about about his inflated multi-million-dollar salary for a non-profit that he was forced to make some window-dressing changes to appease even his supporters.

I wasn't flattered by such a "present", either, because Samaritan's Purse has in the past been found to have engaged in egregiously heavy-handed proselytizing in its aid.

The hypocrisy was absolutely godawful. What's more, Franklin Graham of late has been praising Vladimir Putin's criminalization of gays in Russia that's it's become more than apparent that he upholds it as the model that the USA ought to persuing as well.

To the best of my knowledge, however, I haven't read any recent post by Meerkat wherein she condemned Grahma's most recent outrages.

Have you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

utoption2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

James, you can stalk me instead of Meerkat. I, too, am a Christian. However, I probably won't give you a hard on.

Phony baloney! The fact that one's unretracted words and statements follow him/her in the RSP foum no matter where he/she may post is a fact of life. No' "stalking" about it.

The goat motif originates from Meerkat's having gone through Franklin Graham's "Samaritan's Purse" (i.e. also known as the televangelist enrichment fund for building oneself a stately mansion in the mountains of North Carolina) as a "present" supposedly made in honor of us of RSP. Graham had such a godawful controversy not too long about about his inflated multi-million-dollar salary for a non-profit that he was forced to make some window-dressing changes to appease even his supporters.

I wasn't flattered by such a "present", either, because Samaritan's Purse has in the past been found to have engaged in egregiously heavy-handed proselytizing in its aid.

The hypocrisy was absolutely godawful. What's more, Franklin Graham of late has been praising Vladimir Putin's criminalization of gays in Russia that's it's become more than apparent that he upholds it as the model that the USA ought to persuing as well.

To the best of my knowledge, however, I haven't read any recent post by Meerkat wherein she condemned Grahma's most recent outrages.

Have you?

Yes, it's amazing how someone can be so oblivious to their own flaws even after others have painstakingly pointed those flaws out on many occasions, isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

So, I have two different thoughts on how to respond, and I am divided about them. Alas, I don't know how to do that coinflip randomizer. So I'm gonna put them both here, and if someone could flip a coin for me, I'd appreciate it.

Heads (or 1 if there's a die roll instead of a coinflip):
Spoiler (click to reveal)

So, what is this harassment attempting to accomplish? If it is simply to inform people of Meerkat's beliefs... we already know them, so there's not much point in a refresher. If it is to harass someone away from her views, then I would ask if relentless badgering, bullying and pestering is the best way to go about it rather than reason and compassion. And if it is to try and garner support from others to decry her views, is being a stalker helping? It doesn't seem to be winning anyone to your side. Regardless of your goal... your tactics seem to be ineffective. You may want to reconsider.

Tails (or 2):
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Think about it: If Meerkat can hold these loathsome views and still be seen as someone of solid moral character and adding a good deal to the RSP community, and if are roundly seen as an insufferable boor who adds little-to-nothing despite being the vanguard of proper thoughts and values, then exactly how massive of an utter douchenozzle must you be?

So, if someone would flip for me, I'd appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

You're about the only person in this forum who can't seem to separate people's personal opinions from their personal integrity and worth. It makes you like a sociopath. I may agree with some of your political opinions, but the way in which you choose to interact with other people is just ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

You're about the only person in this forum who can't seem to separate people's personal opinions from their personal integrity and worth.

On the ocntrary, in expressing one's opinion about matters of ethics in terms of public policy, one's opinions do reflect both one's own own character and moral compass as well. They're especially inseparable when one asserts and/or invokes religious conviction as well.

she2 wrote:
It makes you like a sociopath.

Nonsense! A sociopath dictates his/her own moral moral code without regard for the consensus of what the majority of society finds right, wrong, lawful, and/or unlawful.

she2 wrote:
I may agree with some of your political opinions, but the way in which you choose to interact with other people is just ridiculous.

You seem to forget that personal interactions also count for something, too, and part of that which I vouch for is not solely from public interactions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

You're about the only person in this forum who can't seem to separate people's personal opinions from their personal integrity and worth.

On the ocntrary, in expressing one's opinion about matters of ethics in terms of public policy, one's opinions do reflect both one's own own character and moral compass as well. They're especially inseparable when one asserts and/or invokes religious conviction as well.

she2 wrote:

Nonsense! A sociopath dictates his/her own moral moral code without regard for the consensus of what the majority of society finds right, wrong, lawful, and/or unlawful.

she2 wrote:
I may agree with some of your political opinions, but the way in which you choose to interact with other people is just ridiculous.

You seem to forget that personal interactions also count for something, too, and part of that which I vouch for is not solely from public interactions.

Lynnette is one of my first friends in BGG, even though she and I are very different politically. She's really the reason I started posting in RSP. For example, in Women & Gaming, she's often gone out of her way to fight "the good fight" even when she doesn't personally feel as strongly as other women about certain issues. I have a deep respect for her religious beliefs, even though I do not share them. I value what she brings to this forum in terms of a dissenting opinion, even when I disagree with her thoroughly.

And more than all of that, she has been a friend to me through many hard personal times. I try my best, and probably fail often, to do the same to her with her giant heart and compassion for other people.

It's sad that you feel the need to rage and crush at this person who would have surely have tried to understand your viewpoint, even when she argued with you, but you never had the littlest desire to do so.

I find what you are doing to her in this forum to be genuine harassment. I may have had my issues with Tripp, but I never wanted him banned. But what you are doing is over the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

twomillionbucks wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Have you?

Yes, it's amazing how someone can be so oblivious to their own flaws even after others have painstakingly pointed those flaws out on many occasions, isn't it?

I'm not responsible for those who cannot credibly explain in lucid, unambiguous, and direct terms why they reconcile illogical, unethical, and/or repugnant views. I can only point out on the merits of the issues how their points of view are lacking, irreconcilable, and/or just plain-wrongheaded. The same applies to me as well: I have to defend my own points of view on the merits even though some may resort instead to ad-hominem attacks. Moreover, having the right to express oneself does not absolve oneself from criticism in offering said opinion.

I note that in asking me that question above that you apparently must believe Meerkat's reasoning is flawed because indeed, you did invoke the word "flaw" in askng me your question. Otherwise, it wouldn't be applicable.

So, returning to the proper context of the question I posed based on the merits of the issues: Have you read any recent post by Meerkat wherein she condemned Franklin Grahma's most recent outrages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

So, returning to the proper context of the question I posed based on the merits of the issues: Have you read any recent post by Meerkat wherein she condemned Franklin Grahma's most recent outrages?

I put it to you, James-

Have YOU stopped beating your wife?????

Darilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

she2 wrote:

she2 wrote:

Lynnette is one of my first friends in BGG, even though she and I are very different politically. She's really the reason I started posting in RSP.

You evidently need to email me in order to request the past email correspondence between Meerkat and myself in order to even halfway be able to try to objectively compare and contrast what Meerkat had told me privately via email before versus what she later said publicly. After all, friends don't treat friends, much less would-be friends, like that, and irreconcilable misdeeds and hypocrisy speak most unflatteringly about one's character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

she2 wrote:

she2 wrote:

Lynnette is one of my first friends in BGG, even though she and I are very different politically. She's really the reason I started posting in RSP.

You evidently need to email me in order to request the past email correspondence between Meerkat and myself in order to even halfway be able to try to objectively compare and contrast what Meerkat had told me privately via email before versus what she later said publicly. After all, friends don't treat friends, much less would-be friends, like that, and irreconcilable misdeeds and hypocrisy speak most unflatteringly about one's character.

I know that you traipsing from thread to thread and personally attacking her is harassment. What business do you have in here? I posted a joke that she would appreciate. That's it. She had like one or two posts just appreciating it. But you pop in here just to take shots at her.

GROW FUCKING UP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
she2 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

she2 wrote:

she2 wrote:

I know that you traipsing from thread to thread and personally attacking her is harassment.

Since I don't recall your raising that objection to certain folks who've prior attacked me personally without regard for the merits of an issue in a thread, I find that remark hypocritical of you. Moreover, we are free to question the ethics of such gestures just as we are about any issue.

By the way, you never provided me your definition of "compassion". What is it exactly?

she2 wrote:
What business do you have in here?

Since this ia indeed a BGG thread that's been publicly posted for all to read and respond in, I have the same business here as anybody.

she2 wrote:
I posted a joke that she would appreciate. That's it.

Again, this is the RSP forum in which you posted your joke that tied into the goat motif which originated from her buying a goat from the odious Franklin Graham's self-serving "Samaritans's Purse" charity in "honor" of all of us of RSP. I for one was not the least bit edified by that gesture since Franklin Graham's multi-million-dollar salary as the head of a non-profit Christian charity was unconscienciable. As such, it's fair game for opinion based on the controversies and issues surrounding Graham's self-serving charity. Indeed, one poster before me understood the context because he/she asked about Meerkat getting us chickens next year (but I would certainly hope from a more authentically Christian charity).

she2 wrote:
She had like one or two posts just appreciating it. But you pop in here just to take shots at her.

Although I had once questioned the morality of her purchasing such a goat from Franklin Graham's "Samaritan's Purse" charity, with the passage of time when it became more and more obvious that her belief sytem was more in line with his, I was even more appalled by her having purchased that goat in "our" honor. So as a BGG member, I have right to question the appropriateness of such a cringe-enducing gesture. I'd have a similar, if not exactly the same, appalled reaction if you presented me with a floral bouquet that you'd purchased from a brainwashed Moonie cult member on a street corner.

she2 wrote:
GROW FUCKING UP.

Oh, so you think that one is "immature" (your implied term) because he/she has justifiable qualms about supporting dubious and/or ignoble televangelists' causes and/or their hateful propaganda campaigns, eh?

Well, think again. What's more, since you're apparently too biased to examine matters more objectively, you should perhaps have recused yourself from even responding to me.

So, go find yourself another scapegoat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Bullshit.

Let's take Moshe. He was the one who was even more vociferous in his objections to the goat than you were and for a much less obscure reason. Meerkat put his name on which is tied to something he feels is truly nefarious. He more than anyone else should have cause to hold this against her in regard to her moral compass.

Now tell me: Who do you suspect he holds in higher esteem... her or you?

Let's take Chad Ellis, Ilthuain, and the other gay, lesbain, bisexual, transsexual, nonsexual, omnisexual, pastasexual* and pseudosexual members of our RSP family. The views of Dominion-playing gay-haters affects them far more directly than it does you. All of them should see her contributions as furthering the injustices perpetrated against them.

Now tell me: Who do you suspect the majority of them hold in higher esteem... her or you?

Other people can parse out one fragment of a person's belief from the whole. The only person here trying to ensure one fragment defines them is you. Nobody else. Just you.

ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
she2 wrote:

Again, bullshit. Every society has their own set of rules and values. Here in RSP, we are a micro-environment which conducts itself much the same way. So let's run a few tests and see how you hold up regarding the way you conduct yourself as compared to what the majority of the RSP society does:

* Who else have you seen who makes sure they cite the same singular past view of a person in every thread that person participates in (or even is made referencing that person)?
* Who else can you think of who has a presentation style even vaguely similar to yours (copying and pasting entire articles instead of a link and perhaps quoting one pertinent highlight; multiple youtube videos per post; posts which eat up more screen than the other 24 posts on the page combined; using external material more than your own words as the bulk of your contributions)?

You don't care what is deemed good taste or bad taste, you don't care if how you post is deemed readable by the majority or not... hell, this very thread is evidence that you don't care about the way the vast majority of people here handle their business/entertainment/whatever. You have an agenda and you are going to force it on people regardless of how anyone else feels, regardless of how badly it derails an innocuous gigglethread, regardless of how people feel about the unrelenting badgering and bullying you are conducting.

Look back at your definition of "sociopath" and then look at the cavernous dissonance between how you interact with others here and the way every other person here interacts. Agree or disagree, slapstick or serious, befriending or belligerent, there are similarities in decorum that people largely follow here. Except you.

You alienate everyone, not just those you are trying to persuade but those who already share the same views. How many people must be "wrong" in regard to how you act here before it's not everybody else's problem? You won't even consider the option, but I invite you to anyhow. But since every story you share in here is about someone against whom you hold a grudge, and since I am not above speaking your language in hopes of getting through to you... here's a picture.

* It's what the pastafarians do when the lights go out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
I've come to the conclusion that DW Tripp and James are functionally the same.

The only difference is that Tripp used to be funny.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

GameCrossing wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Bullshit.

Let's take Moshe. He was the one who was even more vociferous in his objections to the goat than you were and for a much less obscure reason. Meerkat put his name on which is tied to something he feels is truly nefarious. He more than anyone else should have cause to hold this against her in regard to her moral compass.

As I have prior indicated, this is not a matter of moral relativism, nor will I play that sort of game. Rather, each individual's complaint has to be judged on its own individual merits.

If you wish to examine, compare, and contrast what Meerkat had earlier told me privately by email versus what she later told me publicly, feel free to email a request for it.

As to the rest of what you wrote, your reference to "Dominion-playing gay haters" makes absolutely no sense to me and derailed it entirely (unless that was sonme sort of deliberately facetious remark meant to try to marginalize the significance of Domionist theology on the Protestant Religious Right which, as I told ya before, you would not exactly be exposed to living in Mormon country).

Moreover, Pastor Martin Niehmoller of Germany made it very clear in his classic 1945 post-World War II quote that when it comes to Totalitarianism of any kind, anybody and everybody of conscience will eventually be adversely affected by the egregious injustices committed by the totalitarian State on others.

"First they came for the Socialists (Communists), and I did not speak out --because I was not a Socialist. Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out -- because I was not a Trade Unionist. Then they came for the homosexuals and I did not speak out -- because I was not a homosexual. Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out -- because I was not a Jew. Then they came for me -- but by then, there was no one left to speak out for me." -- Pastor Martin Niemoller, a former pro-Hitler advocate upon being freed from prison where he'd languished for years on end after he'd been arrested by the Third Reich for his opposition to the Nazification of German churches and persecution of Christians of conscience

Since the Past is prologue, those who ignore the lessons of History are condemned to repeat the mistakes of the past.

You also don't absolve or exonerate another person's misguided and/or unethical notions by enabling them, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.