Subject: Pee-yew!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned in another (very recent) post of mine, I accidentally burned some corn tortilla chips in my toaster oven.

That was an hour ago, and it still smells absolutely horrible in here. Is there much worse than the smell of burnt corn (popcorn smells the same, by the way)?
Other than the obvious, #2 option, naturally. whistle

Whatcha think-- what else smells bad? Real bad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 9 year old daughter when she comes in from playing outside. There are days I'd rather stick burned popcorn up my nose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, that's bad.

although I can't recall how or when in the past it happened, I have a strong memory of burned peanuts smelling bad?

hair smells pretty bad when burned. as does rubber. CV joint grease is nasty if it gets on the car's exhaust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian A
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
May I take your trident, sir?
mbmbmbmbmb
Skunk.

Here's a bad story: years back, when I rented a room in my buddy's house, I came home, flipped the lights on, and saw a quick blur of black running underneath my bed. My friend had left the garage door open, and the skunk had managed to find his/her way into my room. I recruited my friend's help, we tipped over mattresses and furniture trying to get him out, but it took something like half an hour to an hour to convince the very stubborn skunk to get out. I don't know how many times he sprayed (in the garage, luckily), but the entire house smelled for weeks after. I smelled for weeks after. There is no getting rid of that smell. My buddy said that he threw up that 1st night because of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
When the biggest cat in the house takes a big dump in the upstairs bedroom.
Yee-ikes, open a window quickly!

Here is the stinkmaster himself:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:

Other than the obvious, #2 option

I have found that #2 in the toaster oven is quite nasty. I'd recommend a bathroom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Weirdly, I don't much mind the smell of skunk. It's not a good smell, but no worse than most other strong odors.

The worst smell I can think of now is dog breath. From one specific dog. I have no idea what that dog did, but man...it made me almost vomit just by having the dog near me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lenny the gassy cat shows that home is where the fart is.

In woodworking, there are some species of wood that are absolutely putrid when worked. (Port Orford Cedar, I'm lookin' at you!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a first responder for 5 years, so I've come across some interesting smells. The worst was being sent to a house for a rather large woman who had ovarian cancer or something and she had recently had surgery. Well it must have gotten infected because she was oozing clear liquid and clumpy white puss that had the consistency of cottage cheese and smelled like month old spoiled milk.

We found her sitting on the floor in a bathroom and there wasn't anywhere in that bathroom that you could stand without stepping in the liquid. When we picked her up to move her, clumps would ooze out after every step. One of the paramedics almost lost his lunch.

I had to take a shower after that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:
I was a first responder for 5 years, so I've come across some interesting smells. The worst was being sent to a house for a rather large woman who had ovarian cancer or something and she had recently had surgery. Well it must have gotten infected because she was oozing clear liquid and clumpy white puss that had the consistency of cottage cheese and smelled like month old spoiled milk.

We found her sitting on the floor in a bathroom and there wasn't anywhere in that bathroom that you could stand without stepping in the liquid. When we picked her up to move her, clumps would ooze out after every step. One of the paramedics almost lost his lunch.

I'm going to take a shower after reading about it. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If it falls on me and pins me underneath it, does that still count as seizing the day?
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:

Although I am horribly curious as to *where* the stuff was oozing out of her, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT tell us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smell ... bad ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Lucky Texan wrote:
yeah, that's bad.

although I can't recall how or when in the past it happened, I have a strong memory of burned peanuts smelling bad?

A Peanut butter and jelly sandwich microwaved for 14 minutes. I still have bad memories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
Fresh durian is pretty bad-smelling, although some find it tastes delicious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:

holy mackerel I forgot about Durian. I mistakenly bought some durian flavore candy at an asian store onc, my kid opened the bag in the back seat and we had to pull over and throw the bag out!

isn't it the only thing that Zimmern guy couldn't eat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LennyS wrote:

In woodworking, there are some species of wood that are absolutely putrid when worked. (Port Orford Cedar, I'm lookin' at you!)

I ran some locust wood (as I recall with a highly flawed memory for such things) through a table saw once, out in our garage where some mice had taken residence. The wood was still rather green, at least it looked greenish. It had a rich smell which I didn't find too offensive, but the mouse certainly did. It walked up to about a foot away from me and stared me down. It was a real face-off. I stamped my foot a few times and it eventually left. It was totally disgusted with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If it falls on me and pins me underneath it, does that still count as seizing the day?
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Lucky Texan wrote:
futhee wrote:

holy mackerel I forgot about Durian. I mistakenly bought some durian flavore candy at an asian store onc, my kid opened the bag in the back seat and we had to pull over and throw the bag out!

isn't it the only thing that Zimmern guy couldn't eat?

Zimmern couldn't eat the durian, but Anthony Bourdain had no trouble, later:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.